Enhanced Interlocking Tower Issue

Yorkshire

I have set up Enhanced Interlocking Towers (EIT) on a new route. It is on a route I created in TANE and am now updating to TRS2019. The problem is that the EIT is not working in Automatic mode. Briefly, I send a consist out of the terminus on to a variety of different routes. The departure & Arrival procedure I want to handle automatically. The paths are set up correctly and a consist on say platform 3 is given a schedule library command. The initial departure path is set and the consist should drive via its first marker 'Departure'. The problem is that the entry signal stays on stop. Looking at enhanced mgt rule shows that the path has not been set. The same system works perfectly on another route but not on this one. When I go to ITSetPath rule in the drive menu, it shows that the Entry signal as active and clicking it operationalises the path and a second later the signal goes green and the consist departs. But it won't happen automatically. Have tried deleting the tower and recreated the paths but to no avail. Any ideas!!??

I have had the same thing happen occasionally. I believe it may be not an EIT problem but more to do with how the underlying Trainz system decides whether a signal should be cleared. For example, are there several junctions before the next signal? Try putting an invisible signal after the first junction.

Peter

Are you assigning any triggers? I have noticed with the latest update for the EIT system I had to add triggers and switched to dynamic mode...
Dave

Are you assigning any triggers? I have noticed with the latest update for the EIT system I had to add triggers and switched to dynamic mode...
Dave

I use Dynamic mode but never used triggers for it. Always relied on either Manual mode or Automatic.

After experiencing issues with EIT paths being locked when switching between Driver and Surveyor using the UDS (as explained in pguy's post as listed in John's response above) I now only edit EITs after loading a route directly into Surveyor and not entering Surveyor from Driver via the UDS. I have not had any problems since.

Back