Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Model Railroad 2

Awesome work Euromodeller! Wish I could get the hang of Trainz TMR17. I would much rather work on Trainz than Rolling Line. If you happen to know of any tutorial videos showing how to build rooms and layouts like yours I'd give Trainz another shot.

Again, nice work
    Rod

How many rooms would you like?

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...Rooms-for-TANE

Just add track and scenics and you are set to go.
    Graham,
    Enthusiast but not expert.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_whiley View Post
    Not so. Railways in the UK are always named as such. "The road" is a term applied to a length of track, eg. "The train has a clear road" and can proceed.

Ray
    Same in New Zealand Ray. It's always been 'railway' here. If you'd said 'railroad' in my engine driver grandad's hearing he would have laughed at you if not told you straight that we only have railways here.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

So perhaps, N3V could make 2 versions - Model Railway 2 & Model Railroad 2. That way we can buy the version whose terminologies suit the buyer best.
    Win 10 X64 - i7-8700 16Gb Ram GTX 1060 3Gb
    TRS19 Platinum Build 110491
    T:ANE Build 105930 (SP4)
    TMR17 Build 85470

Or just call it Model Rails... ;-)

Linda

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by Shortline2 View Post
    Or just call it Model Rails... ;-)

Linda
    Linda, it is so wonderful to see you are still hanging around.

William

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Same in New Zealand Ray. It's always been 'railway' here. If you'd said 'railroad' in my engine driver grandad's hearing he would have laughed at you if not told you straight that we only have railways here.
    It reminds me of the old joke. We park our cars on driveways and drive on parkways.

But I was watching one of my favorite YouTube channels "Paul and Rebecca" where they explore the old stations and right of way of long abandoned railways in Britain. The old maps they use often have streets with names like Oxford Way but in modern maps the street is Oxford Road.

William

Topic drifted

Bringing things back on topic (a bit)…

No response from N3V to my suggestion re tweaks to the base game to suit the MR environment better.

I don't consider my work good enough to submit but noted with some dismay, those of us on "Standard" editions of TRS2019 are excluded anyway - only the top end users can contribute. Had been thinking about altering my signature to something more positive, but think I'll leave it as is...
    Building In TRS2019 But Driving In TSW2 And Run 8

I am on basic TRS19 too Vern, hadn't realised that I am not able to submit without having to pay to upgrade.
    Then after paying to upgrade I would also have to then pay for the new TMR2 on top just to see a route that I made!
    I will be a bit annoyed if assets that I use for making my model railway layouts end up as payware!
    Graham,
    Enthusiast but not expert.

I will be a bit annoyed if assets that I use for making my model railway layouts end up as payware!
    Me too Graham, even though I have a lot less MR assets than you do.

That hadn't occurred to me, sadly the way of things with the DLS licensing arrangement. They could at least give anyone who's assets end up in a route a discount voucher off the final product.

For me, I'm happy to plod away in Coach Class TRS2019, doing my own thing - currently trying to breathe life into CJ Freezer's old L11 from Plans For Large Layouts (the one based on lines around Exmouth).
    Building In TRS2019 But Driving In TSW2 And Run 8

More likely to end up as builtin if they are on the DLS, non of my assets used in DLC are payware now but builtin and not locked and they are all now on the DLS, was a slight glitch on a couple which Zec sorted out quickly.

Besides N3V are going to be using a different method for payware as far as I can gather which might stop these problems.
    Malc

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

I'd suggest Euromodeller's Gardenbahn layout for including with TMR2 to show that you don't have to be limited to the indoor model railroads. I've got a Model Railroadz that's been sitting on my computer for a long time that's TRS19-compliant that I'd like to submit to TMR2, but I don't want to update to Trainz Plus, since I've got the Silver membership.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    More likely to end up as builtin if they are on the DLS, non of my assets used in DLC are payware now but builtin and not locked and they are all now on the DLS, was a slight glitch on a couple which Zec sorted out quickly.

Besides N3V are going to be using a different method for payware as far as I can gather which might stop these problems.
    That would be very good news if they do Malc. The present system has caused endless problems.