Download Station

ECLISSE18

Good morning all,

Big problem, I can no longer download from the DLS by clicking on "DOWNLOAD FTP" attached a screen
from the download page, is there a solution? Thank you in advance!!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure where you are looking for it as that looks like a web page. Click on the ftp downloader and the file goes into your download folder, not trainz. This pc and download folder. You should see a CDP file to import into trainz.

Last edited:
Open Windows File Explorer on your desktop. On the left you should see an icon with a down pointing arrow named "Downloads". Open the icon (it is actually a folder) and you should see the .cdp file inside. Start the Trainz Launcher, open Manage Content and drag the .cdp file into content manager.

Might want to remove the screenshot containing your FTP Password!!!!

Should really be using content manager to download, that site is only there for legacy versions.

Hi André,

I'm stumbled in the same situation since a few days :
- if I click on "DOWNLOAD TFP", it redirects me on a new page with the ftp link ... and full stop,
- if I try to right click on "DOWNLOAD FTP", the mention "save link as" is grayed out .

But ... today, Auran has added a mention above the ftp-link :
[FONT=&quot]IMPORTANT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As of Chrome 87 Google has started removing the ability to use FTP links through the browser. Other browsers are set to also remove this functionality over the coming year. If clicking the button below does not work you will have to download your DLS content through CM or use a browser that still supports this feature.
[/FONT]

So ... it's normal with Google Chrome :n:
It's still working with Microsoft Edge, btw ...

Cheers,
Philippe

Hi André,

I'm stumbled in the same situation since a few days :
- if I click on "DOWNLOAD TFP", it redirects me on a new page with the ftp link ... and full stop,
- if I try to right click on "DOWNLOAD FTP", the mention "save link as" is grayed out .

But ... today, Auran has added a mention above the ftp-link :
IMPORTANT
As of Chrome 87 Google has started removing the ability to use FTP links through the browser. Other browsers are set to also remove this functionality over the coming year. If clicking the button below does not work you will have to download your DLS content through CM or use a browser that still supports this feature.

So ... it's normal with Google Chrome :n:
It's still working with Microsoft Edge, btw ...

Cheers,
Philippe

Nice seeing you Philippe!

Thank you for the update. Why are they, not N3V, getting rid of something that has worked for decades?

This functionality will affect many, many websites and not just the white pages DLS.

According to Google, they started the process to remove FTP from Chrome in release 80.

See - https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2019/12/chrome-80-deps-rems#ftp_support_deprecated

According to another site (https://www.coywolf.news/productivity/chrome-removing-ftp/) the reason given by Google for the removal is

[the] usage of FTP in the browser is sufficiently low that it is no longer viable to invest in improving the existing FTP client.

I certainly cannot remember the last time I used the FTP client in my browser (and it would have been on the DLS "white pages" web site many years ago).

Back