Change asset rating

Lacker

Border Reiver
Hi all,
Does anybody know of a way to change the rating of an asset, all mine are set at 5 stars which seems a bit pointless. Have looked through previous threads but cannot see one that properly answers the question.
Many thanks

Bruce

in content manager select 'installed' then press the + on right hand side. in dropdown select 'rating'. nothing shows when 1 to 4 is selected but all installed content comes up if you select 5.

I have TRS19-Plus and I'm on latest release. I have never had a "Rating" COLUMN in the content manager. Yes, there is a filter for "Rating" but there is no "Rating" column available that I've ever seen. And when I filter using Rating nothings shows unless I have selected "5 star" then the assets show show evidently all assets have a rating of "5". But I never actually see any rating "stars" nor a way to set a "rating."

I suspect "Rating" was something put in Content Manager but then never implemented perhaps? Rating would be so subjective I don't think it would be beneficial anyway. ie: Some people like prototypical while some like visually stunning while some like just fictional fun routes.

I have TRS19-Plus and I'm on latest release. I have never had a "Rating" COLUMN in the content manager. Yes, there is a filter for "Rating" but there is no "Rating" column available that I've ever seen. And when I filter using Rating nothings shows unless I have selected "5 star" then the assets show show evidently all assets have a rating of "5". But I never actually see any rating "stars" nor a way to set a "rating."

I suspect "Rating" was something put in Content Manager but then never implemented perhaps? Rating would be so subjective I don't think it would be beneficial anyway. ie: Some people like prototypical while some like visually stunning while some like just fictional fun routes.

There is none in Content Manager, however there is a ratings thing in the My Content and Routes Menus in Trainz its self. I agree I don't see the benefit, although it might be good for sorting content. Instead of favorites, I think having a way to easily access recently worked on or driven routes and sessions is more useful.

Untitled.jpg

There is none in Content Manager, however there is a ratings thing in the My Content and Routes Menus in Trainz its self. I agree I don't see the benefit, although it might be good for sorting content. Instead of favorites, I think having a way to easily access recently worked on or driven routes and sessions is more useful.

Guess I'm blind! I'm just seeing it. In game, I see no "rating" in the My Content or Route Menu's.

None in CM, but far right corner in Trainz - it's a heart+ symbol.

Well, that's "favorites," not a 5 star rating that the OP mentions or that shows in the CM. Yes, I do use "favorites" sometimes but that's different. The Heart is just a "on/off" toggle for the "Favorites" option on the Source dropdown. It's not a 5 star rating.

Guess I'm blind! I'm just seeing it. In game, I see no "rating" in the My Content or Route Menu's.

There is a favourites button top right, can't see anything relating to stars anywhere. Which version of Trainz is the OP on about as were there stars that indicated favourites in an older version maybe 2009 or 2010?

Favourites, never looked at it before however is rubbish as it includes stuff I deleted long ago and have no desire to re-download them, so just spent some time removing them.

Well, that's "favorites," not a 5 star rating that the OP mentions or that shows in the CM. Yes, I do use "favorites" sometimes but that's different. The Heart is just a "on/off" toggle for the "Favorites" option on the Source dropdown. It's not a 5 star rating.

TS12 I think had that, I can't remember now. The Hearting I thought was favoriting the assets. Confused as usual...

There is a favourites button top right, can't see anything relating to stars anywhere. Which version of Trainz is the OP on about as were there stars that indicated favourites in an older version maybe 2009 or 2010?

Favourites, never looked at it before however is rubbish as it includes stuff I deleted long ago and have no desire to re-download them, so just spent some time removing them.

I just noticed that as well. You summed it up nicely - pure rubbish.

Having a recently used list is more useful. I hate scrolling and filtering every time I want to work on my own route or drive something else I've been using.

had to reistall traniz, and can not see how to change the rating in trainz 19. the favorits tab in the cm has option for 1-5, but dont see way to change a assest. Know had a way on the old trainz that i lost. THanks

Back