Ford Focus RS missing dependency

The CCar Ford Focus has a missing dependency <kuid2:414943:100810:1>. I remember that this dependency used to be on the DLS but it is gone now.

FTP does not work well in 2019. That is why I wish N3V would update the DLS, There often is no workable way to get the download any more.

FTP does not work well in 2019. That is why I wish N3V would update the DLS, There often is no workable way to get the download any more.

The issue most likely has to do with browser security. If you're using a pop-up blocker, then the process will fail unless you have ways of allowing certain websites to put up a pop-up the window.

Unfortunately, it is because of browser-security and Windows more strict security that the DLS white pages and Content Manager can no longer communicate directly. This was an issue back in Windows 2007 and it became worse as time went on with more and more stricter security. I can understand why this kind of operation is no longer allowed. Imagine if someone inserted malware into the online executable, the one that brings up the download automatically into Content Manager, the implications can be pretty bad. In the end, it's better to use the FTP when necessary since we have manual control over the asset download rather than letting a program do that automatically and bring down something else at the same time.

Hi John, yes, I understand using FTP. Are you saying the FTP is a pop-up window? The pop-up I usually get want's me to download in-game, but that only works for older versions. I would like to use ftp, but whenever I try it says I don't have permission, but there seems to be no way to login for an FTP. I have struggled with this enough times that I no longer consider the DLS viable for myself at least. If it isn't in CM, then I basically count it as not available.

Hi John, yes, I understand using FTP. Are you saying the FTP is a pop-up window? The pop-up I usually get want's me to download in-game, but that only works for older versions. I would like to use ftp, but whenever I try it says I don't have permission, but there seems to be no way to login for an FTP. I have struggled with this enough times that I no longer consider the DLS viable for myself at least. If it isn't in CM, then I basically count it as not available.

You need to click on DOWNLOD ftp and not DOWNLOAD Helper. The file will then download the CDP in kuid_name format.cdp In the olden days, we could bring up a list of everything on the DLS by using an FTP client, but was stopped due to security reasons and now it's an automatic login for registered users only.

I think what you have is a settings issue with the CDP file. I set Windows to not automatically open up CDP files so Edge only downloads the file(s) to my downloads folder and then I put the CDP in at my convenience. I set it this way because I have multiple Trainz versions and having stuff "disappear" when installing is a tad more than being just annoying!

The process isn't easy like CM, but it's okay for finding older items. Content Manager will only list current versions and not very, very old stuff if my observations are correct.

HaHa! Gotta love it. I was going to do what you said and report back on the problems with just this KUID and it worked like a champ. Well, I'm an idiot more often than not. Always good when it turns out OK. Thanks John!

Back