An Idea of Mine to add to the Island of Sodor

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
This is something I've shared only with family members so far, so I want to share it with the Trainz community. With the popularity of Thomas the Tank Engine, and that no more stories are being written, I wanted to come up with my own series of stories set within the Thomas Universe and still be considered separate from the Thomas stories. I realized that with the popularity of cats on the Internet and Thomas, there could be a way to combine the two and make something unique. Then I remember that at the Nevada Northern Railway Museum in Ely, Nevada, they have a cat named Dirt who lives in the enginehouse. This gave me the idea of having a cat living in one of the sheds on the Island of Sodor, having been brought there to take care of a mouse problem, which is inspired by the UK government's Chief Mouser, a cat who lives in 10 Downing Street and whose job it is to catch mice. The cat who lives in the sheds also goes on some adventures around the Island of Sodor, with some inspiration from Skimbleshanks, "the Railway Cat" featured in the Broadway musical Cats. I haven't yet decided what the name of the cat would be or what he/she would look like, but this is as far as I've gotten. So, what do you think?

Is Thomas out of copyright? If not and you want to do something more than fan fiction I would write a story up first and then send an inquiry to the copyright holders to see how they feel about derivative works. They would likely want to see a sample hence why you should have something ready to submit. If they are OK with it then I say go for it. The world needs more railroad stories.

William

Back