More Reaction to 109641 (2)

Hi hoping someone can help.

How do I take TRS19 back to the previous build (the one before 109641).

109641 problems:

Main opening screen, where has the locomotive gone? Used to be a nice pretty picture of a locomotive set in scenery, it is not there anymore.

Sessions to Built-in routes (including in game purchases) showing missing dependencies in the game but not in CM.

Cannot load sessions to Built-in routes, namely:

Sessions showing in game but Error message: Failed to Load <kuidxxxx:xxxx>) option to Load/drive/Edit Session not showing.

No Sessions showing in game but are in CM. Error message Failed to load due to current filter settings.

Lots of other niggling problems such as trains uncoupling randomly, Interlocking Routes sometimes work sometimes don't.

Game freezes when saving (takes a long time once in a while to save route/session before showing error message, failed to save due to not enough room on HDD (yes there is and they are SSD)

So before throwing the lot in the bin lets go back to the way they were before. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall or is there another way?

Any help would be much appreciated

This isn't the build, it is most likely your local content (did you rename the install or move your local data folder?)

In short, I would run a db repair and if that doesn't solve things, create a new local data folder and I reckon all these problems go away.

Main opening screen, where has the locomotive gone? Used to be a nice pretty picture of a locomotive set in scenery, it is not there anymore.
>>
The loco you had selected is no longer installed. Go to My Collection and select your favorite loco and it will appear.

So to reiterate, this build has been extensively tested by hundreds of users and none of the problems mentioned exist with a fresh install.

Tony

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The installation folder is the same one and in the same place as the pervious build.

Have ran several Database repairs, nothing changed.

Favourite Loco, Class 37 BR Blue Split Headcode is showing in CM <kuid:461273:100149> Installation Date 25-Apr-2020 10:34:51.

Your final sentence So to reiterate, this build has been extensively tested by hundreds of users and none of the problems mentioned exist with a fresh install.

A bit confused by this one, are you saying that the Beta Update should not have been done on an existing installation?

Tony

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The installation folder is the same one and in the same place as the pervious build.

Have ran several Database repairs, nothing changed.

Favourite Loco, Class 37 BR Blue Split Headcode is showing in CM <kuid:461273:100149> Installation Date 25-Apr-2020 10:34:51.

Your final sentence So to reiterate, this build has been extensively tested by hundreds of users and none of the problems mentioned exist with a fresh install.

A bit confused by this one, are you saying that the Beta Update should not have been done on an existing installation?

Tony is saying that with a "fresh install" none of the problems you mention exist. Try this: Create a new empty data folder and name it something plain and clear. Point your TRS19 app to it (note the existing data folder name and it's location) and restart TRS19. It will ask you to set everything again (graphics, account info, etc). When done you will in effect have an "empty" install and likely only have Kickstarter 2 route as it is built in. Once running check things out and make sure everything is working fine for Kickstarter 2. Then add your routes and assets one at a time. Each time you add a route check it out. Look for missing assets and such and make sure it runs OK.

Report back your results...

1611mac

Have tried your suggestion with success so far in that when loading from a 'fresh install' all of the built-in and in game purchases were listed. I am in the process of Downloading them now. All of the sessions appear in place.

There appears to be a 'new' option to Download content and I am being selective about which 'built-in' content I download.

Next step would be to transfer my own content over so we are not completely out of the woods just yet.

I will keep you informed, hopefully it will help others.

Thank you for help and advice.

Probably tried to use it before the database has rebuilt, it's a large update so takes a long time.

Start TRS19 hold down Ctrl and click Rebuild Database then go away and leave it, if you are not using an SSD for the Data it may take a very long time. Just updated TRS19 on a spinner HDD 0n a second PC, it's been rebuilding for over an hour. Was a lot quicker on my main PC with SSDs. It may appear to stop for a while however it will continue.

-snip-
There appears to be a 'new' option to Download content and I am being selective about which 'built-in' content I download.
-snip-

You mention the build 109641... depending on what you were running prior to that you may see a new "Content Store" for your downloads. Make sure you click the "Purchased" icon on top right of store to see your content.

OK now we are at the place I was before updating to 109641.

All the built-in assets are showing both in CM and in Game. No missing or faulty dependencies being flagged by CM or the Game.

Still having problems with trains uncoupling mid-consist whilst negotiating a path set by Interlocking. I am using the EIT (Enhanced Interlocking?) by pguy; path triggers, Mission Code Manager and Tower.

I can accept that they be another problem not associated with this build.

Many thanks for the help and advice given these last couple of days, much appreciated.

Stay Safe, Keep Well

Last edited:
Might want to check you have all the latest versions of pguys scripts and libraries, there have been a lot of updates.

s!AmohpdtV7BXviuxMX5Eqca_S2aNO5A
s!AmohpdtV7BXviuxMX5Eqca_S2aNO5A
Have been talking to soon, now the new problems start.

I don't know how to share images on the forum but this is on my one drive.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmohpdtV7BXvjMAAtFKZ8YcFMVx_tQ?e=TwAy5y

It clearly shows a session with 'Faulty Dependencies'.

Now when I go into CM and ask for Faulty I get this

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmohpdtV7BXviuxMvkNd98I6KleeAg?e=pGP3q8

A list of assets but no 'faults' showing. I very much doubt the pguy assets are faulty.

The items listed of mine (171718) is a route and session I have been working on, all assets for this Route and Session are on the DLS or Built-in.

As ever any help would be much appreciated.

If you show errors and warnings on those pguy assets,
What if anything does it say?

Also check the dependencies for those assets which is probably where there is a problem, maybe something missing or locally modified.

If you show errors and warnings on those pguy assets,
What if anything does it say?

That's the issue, it flags faulty dependencies 'In Game' but does not show what the fault is in 'CM'. As shown in the image.

Deleting pguys assets and reinstalling them solved the issue, but only after I sent the message.

Question is, Is it unique to Build 109641 that assets shown as faulty 'In Game' do not show what the errors, if any, are in 'CM'?

Still not out of the woods yet with this build it seems.

Thank you for the response.

Not specific to 109641 but happens on occasionally in all versions, I think there is a caching issue.

I usually clear out the stuff in the cache folders every so often or when anything odd happens.

A possible solution may be the OBSOLETE items on your copy of the database. I had issues for months until a nice guy, on the forum, helped me define the issue. I used this build for the past 4 days for my route with no odd errors in the Content Manager. so a search for all Obsolete items. Delete all that you can. The builtin and payware Obsoletes are locked and appear to be harmless. I have 73 of those as of this morning's search with no Obsoletes that I can delete.

Dick

Good point.

Currently I have only 6 Built-In Obsolete and 1 Payware.

That is the beauty of a fresh build I think.

I have been very selective what I add to this build, have only installed Settle & Carlisle and Appen. All the rest can wait, I rarely if ever used them anyway.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Back