Proto typical landing for planes

deighton

Seinpaal
Is there any method of changing the landing behaviour of airplanes? Maybe changing the engine spec to reflect/simulate speedbrakes. It does not look very good when a plane touches down on the runway at 60kph. I have piloted a real Cessna 172 and I know that landing at such a speed is not a healthy thing to do.
Any suggestions would be great!

There are also triggers that can make the plane slow engine, reverse thrust, and have sound at touch down.

The issue here is that the plane slows down way too much when it gets close to the runway ground. Have the same problem and after many trials, I have not been able to solve the problem. Eventualy a landing plane has to arrive to the terminal where you have a trackmark; the plane "sees" it ahead and slows down making the approach unrealistic. Vulcan has a pretty nice tutorial on all this, but still this is not a script or plane creator behavior, rather the way Trainz works when nearing a trackmark. Maybe mistaken here, but someone should run an independent investigation to find a solution.

Also use invisible signals to make sure the plane sees a green light ahead instead of yellow or red when it is landing.

Back