JR Lt Grey track issue

coalsootkid

Hello,
I recently downloaded the City and Country USA reforged from Carlsband Locomotive works. I was impressed with the track that was used so I applied it to my own route. For some reason, on the C&C, all switches have guard rails and frogs, but on my own route, none of them show. How do I fix this?

In TRS19, you need to use Pro-Track (Procedural Track) in order to get the frogs and animated points. For this particular track, yes these will be add-ons found in the track-objects tab - the 2nd tab over when you open up the tracks. This track won't have the animated points, however.

A good example of those is:

<kuid:348207:100761> cr45 Turnout Frog Left
<kuid:348207:100762> cr45 Turnout Frog Right

You place them when facing towards the single-end of the split so left will then be left and right will be right. You may need to flip them around so that the smaller side is closer to the middle and adjust them into place.

To post images, you can click on the picture button. Upload from your computer and the image should automatically post.

For web-based hosting, you can use Imgur.com or some other hosting site, then paste in the full image URL. These sites usually give a forum format for their URLS. The format begins with

Hope this helps.

To clarify - Pro-Track (Procedural Track) has the frogs "built in." Evidently the track you are seeing and using does not have the built-in frogs so you must supply them separately. Others can correct me but I believe procedural track is pretty much the standard these days (it's all I've ever used) though some may still have a favorite "old" track that requires the frogs to be added manually.

The JR track looks very nice, though it does have very aggressive LOD, but unfortunately not Pro Track. Could do to be brought up to date really, but 1611 is quite correct - once you've used Pro Track you can't really go back as even with frogs and checkrails placed as track objects you still get that solid line with no gap for the wheels.

I will mix the two kinds of track. The non-Pro-track works well for some things and because I've customized some for my own use by changing the textures as well as track conditions so I have really, really bad track for sidings and long underused branch lines.

Back