Navigation Points Showing Incorrectly.

jeff1959

I am struggling to figure out why my Navigation Points aren't showing correctly. The issue is that several different Nav Points are showing at the very beginning of the session. Here's the way I have it set up:

1. Message Popup "Head from engine house..."
  2. Trigger Check 1 (Trackmark Start)
    1. Nav Display 1 (Stop at Trackmark 1)
      1. Message Popup "Go to Track mark 2"
      2. Nav Set Check (set 1 complete)
  3. Trigger Check 2 (Trackmark 2)
    1. Nav Display 2
      1. Message...
      2. Nave Set...
  4. Trigger Check 3
    1. And so on, repeat through Trigger Check 10.

The problem is that when opening the session, Nav point 1 displays; but so do Nav Point 2, 4, and 5. I've tried adding "Ordered List" at the beginning, as well as "Wait for Nav Point." I have dumped the session and started over. If I do it step by step, it works. But as soon as I load the completed saved session, I get the Nav Points showing up.

I don't want to give up on creating the session because I would like to share the route and session on the DLS. But I am ready to just say the heck with it. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? I can send .cdp files to someone who could take a better look.

Not exactly how I'd do it, because using mark Nav Display XYZ as complete is mostly a waste of time, because as soon as the train hits the nav point (trackmark) it clears it anyway. As to all of them showing that's because you need to "Hide Nav Display" in the game setup before the session commences. You can then have a trigger at the last Nav point on the first Nav Display 1, trigger displaying the next set, and repeat, so that each nav display triggers the next one. Hope that makes sense.

I am struggling to figure out why my Navigation Points aren't showing correctly. The issue is that several different Nav Points are showing at the very beginning of the session. Here's the way I have it set up:

1. Message Popup "Head from engine house..."
  2. Trigger Check 1 (Trackmark Start)
    1. Nav Display 1 (Stop at Trackmark 1)
      1. Message Popup "Go to Track mark 2"
      2. Nav Set Check (set 1 complete)
  3. Trigger Check 2 (Trackmark 2)
    1. Nav Display 2
      1. Message...
      2. Nave Set...
  4. Trigger Check 3
    1. And so on, repeat through Trigger Check 10.

The problem is that when opening the session, Nav point 1 displays; but so do Nav Point 2, 4, and 5. I've tried adding "Ordered List" at the beginning, as well as "Wait for Nav Point." I have dumped the session and started over. If I do it step by step, it works. But as soon as I load the completed saved session, I get the Nav Points showing up.

I don't want to give up on creating the session because I would like to share the route and session on the DLS. But I am ready to just say the heck with it. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? I can send .cdp files to someone who could take a better look.

Just tried this, it works perfect for me;

Navagation Point Complete 2.png

If you have more than one set of nav points - each created with a separate Navigation Display Rule - then hide those sets you do not want to be seen immediately by using the Navigation Set Hide/Show Rule.

Nav-Display-Sets.jpg

The second item in the list above is not strictly necessary as set "A" will be displayed automatically. Sets "B" and "C" can be displayed when they are needed by using the Navigation Set Hide/Show Rule setting the set to "visible". A set will automatically be removed as soon as its last nav point has been cleared - usually by a consist reaching it.

Details are on the Trainz Wiki at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Navigation_Point_Rules

Last edited:
If you are keeping track of progress, would you still need to set the Navigation Point Complete rule as part of the <trainz-object> session variables? Just hiding them does not mark them complete according to the wiki.

You don't need variables to keep track of nav points and/or sets cleared or not.

There are some examples shown in the Wiki on

Back