French TGV line (Marseille - Lyon - Paris)

JonathanEckloff

Hello everyone,

In this thread I want to show you some pictures of my current project, a recreation of the TGV line Marseille - Lyon (- Paris, possibly). Much of the section Marseille - Lyon is already finished. The route is not true to the original, it is a bit shorter for instance.

Some pictures of the station Lyon Saint-Exupéry (Airport):

2020-11-13190132b2ke4.jpg

2020-11-1319032024ka3.jpg

2020-11-131903447cjqm.jpg

2020-11-13190425vakor.jpg

2020-11-13190601pzkf3.jpg

The station was designed by Santiago Calatrava, who has designed quite a few really cool looking stations. I tried to recreate this one using various assets I had installed.

It looks fantastic!
Did you create the model of station Lyon Saint-Exupéry ?- It looks superb.

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks for the nice comments!

@Roy3b3: It's made up of various assets that aren't mine.

North of Lyon:

2020-11-15193831icksb.jpg

2020-11-15173328h8ksq.jpg

2020-11-15222007lwkd4.jpg

2020-11-1517215715k19.jpg

2020-11-15171906hijtz.jpg

Some areas are still a bit empty, I will add more details there later, such as the fringes.

Last edited:
It's great to see another European high speed line being made for Trainz besides anathoth71's "London to Lille" and the fictional German "Schwaningerland" (still in beta) routes! I however used to be a big TGV fan about 15 years ago, but I then got deeper into the German ICE stuff, but I still find more high speed lines for Trainz new and exciting nonetheless!

Last edited:
The route is going to be much longer than the Schwäninger Land HSL. Performance should also be better as there are no speed trees. Performance was really an issue for me when I tried that route. I need to have a look at he London to Lille route.

Last edited:
My computer isn't powerful enough to handle high graphics and that's one reason why I dislike speed trees. I do however like the first two screenshots from your last post which somehow reminds me of the Frankfurt-Cologne high speed railway which only has an MSTS adaptation so far.

Thanks guys!!

@er9m: Yes it will be released. I finished about 80% of the section Lyon - Marseille. I am thinking about releasing that section early as I haven't started work on the section to Paris yet. You can tell me your opinion about that if you like.

JonathanEckloff, great!!! Ok, in my opinion, i would like to see route before line to Paris. It's superb, that you're planning that branch, but it will take a long to built it, and i can't wait to drive this route :)

Very nice project. Looking forward to it. May I ask where to find those TGV Carmillion and Ouigo liveries? I've searcherd last year for them even on French Fora but My French is not that good so I couldn't find the download links. I own the Payware TGV's of La France En Trains. But only have the older TGV liveries.

Back