Reaction to 109641...

horacefithers

On the BC&SJ route roads have gone underground. Sidewalks and armco barriers are missing.
I was thinking of starting work on the route again.
Well, it's not going to happen. I don't have the energy to go through the entire route fixing stuff, again (and again).
I'm out of here.
My Gold membership is cancelled.
Too bad, I though Trainz 2019 had real promise.
Guess not so much.
I'm done

Bye to y'all.

Horace Fithers

I run all kinds of rebuilt legacy routes and older routes I've built up myself in TS2019 105096 Horace and my rule of thumb is to never never never ever 'upgrade' it. Saves a lot a hair tearing and bad language as well as keeping my blood pressure down.

If I wanted to just whizz trainz around on DLC routes I might consider 'upgrading', but since I don't I'm happy where I am.

I just loaded his route up in 109641. It loaded up fine on my system. I have a missing dependency or two, I know one is a texture, but outside of that it works fine. With that said, there's got to be other issues.

Now for upgrading. This goes for any program, any version of anything.

Always make a backup of data and if possible the program its self. This will preserve stuff in case there's a whoopsie. In most cases, the very acting of doing a backup will guaranty there won't be a problem! I kidding of course, but it seems that way. I just did this with another, rather expensive program too with the prerequisite addons. Backed up, installed, upgraded, and the old version license transferred over to the new one after I ensure everything was there.

Our program here is not much different. We just have to prep for it because of the amount of data at stake. Start with the above-mentioned backup of EVERYTHING, program included.

Upgrade and subsequent database repair which follows.

Defrag if necessary if data is on a hard drive and not an SSD. This really, really helps A LOT!

Open Content Manager and check data.
Update, delete, and repair if there's anything that needs attention.

In my version, I found some corrupted assets. I was able to replace a few from the DLS, but some others were corrupted on the DLS, or weren't caught in previous versions. It happens, and we go on. Luckily, none were used in my currently routes. It wasn't a lot of content but I ensured it was all taken care of.

I then loaded up each and every route and checked things out. If they loaded up fine, I saved them to bring them up to the new version. All my routes loaded up fine and so did the sessions.

In with this route, I had deleted my previous copy and wanted this one again because I like it. It was deleted because I needed the disk space at that time and I was cleaning stuff up. The route downloaded and installed fine, without errors other than the missing dependencies.

In summary, something's amiss.

I just loaded his route up in 109641. It loaded up fine on my system. I have a missing dependency or two, I know one is a texture, but outside of that it works fine. With that said, there's got to be other issues.

Always make a backup of data and if possible the program its self. This will preserve stuff in case there's a whoopsie. In most cases, the very acting of doing a backup will guaranty there won't be a problem! I kidding of course, but it seems that way. I just did this with another, rather expensive program too with the prerequisite addons. Backed up, installed, upgraded, and the old version license transferred over to the new one after I ensure everything was there.

Our program here is not much different. We just have to prep for it because of the amount of data at stake. Start with the above-mentioned backup of EVERYTHING, program included.

Defrag if necessary if data is on a hard drive and not an SSD. This really, really helps A LOT!

In my version, I found some corrupted assets. I was able to replace a few from the DLS, but some others were corrupted on the DLS, or weren't caught in previous versions. It happens, and we go on. Luckily, none were used in my currently routes. It wasn't a lot of content but I ensured it was all taken care of.

I then loaded up each and every route and checked things out. If they loaded up fine, I saved them to bring them up to the new version. All my routes loaded up fine and so did the sessions.

In with this route, I had deleted my previous copy and wanted this one again because I like it. It was deleted because I needed the disk space at that time and I was cleaning stuff up. The route downloaded and installed fine, without errors other than the missing dependencies.

I have found that , in general I have far more issues with trainz when using windows , more stuff you can acquire, which often means more things to go wrong. The Mac version rarely seems to experience these problems we hear from users, but then, it's a far smaller user base.

JCitron,

Go to Browning. Now look at the main highway through that more or less parallels the tracks. Is it properly affixed to the surface of the ground?
For me it wasn't.

Go to Salem. to the left of the depot when looking at it from the tracks, are there Armco barriers in the parking lot?

Yes, I did make a backup. I just don't want to play those games anymore.

HF

Before throwing everything away, let's try and work out what has actually happened. In general, TRS19 is more stable than any previous version of Trainz, and getting better all the time.

I assume from your comments that you were building this in an older version and opened it in Trainz Plus? Was that build 109641? What was the last build where things were working correctly?

Are the missing items installed (check in CM)? Are all instances of the objects missing or only some?
Are there spline points showing and no render or have the spline points disappeared too? Are there any layers in the route? Session?
Did you import the route or patch your install and keep the same content folder?
It may not be anywhere as bad as you think - so some more info would help us track down the problem.

On the BC&SJ route roads have gone underground. Sidewalks and armco barriers are missing.
Horace Fithers

I have had issues similar to this where stuff is floating at different heights in the air. To fix it I use the Topology Tab F1, set the Radius to max, the Sensitivity to 0 or none, then using the Plateau tool, click the area once very briefly and everything clicks back into its correct levels.

Very weird how it happens, and very weird fix, maybe this will work in your situation.

JCitron,

Go to Browning. Now look at the main highway through that more or less parallels the tracks. Is it properly affixed to the surface of the ground?
For me it wasn't.

Go to Salem. to the left of the depot when looking at it from the tracks, are there Armco barriers in the parking lot?

Yes, I did make a backup. I just don't want to play those games anymore.

HF

I see it now.

The road, Road 2L is actually buried slightly with the road-spline points pushed down into the terrain. When I "zeroed" the height to the terrain, the problem went away by removing the adjusted road height. I replaced this with another road that I know works, the issue remained. It could be a game engine update that caused this to "fix" road spline heights because that's always been an issue. I'm guessing at this point so I recommend using the Bug report form.

https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Put in as much detail as possible. Repeatable steps, etc. You'll then be emailed by George (ZikChil) or another QA Team member who will work with you on this.

I recommend not touching anything until you hear back from N3V.

Last edited:
@Horace Fithers

I thought your BC&SJ route was the most realistic mountain route I have ever encountered. I will continue to enjoy it in TRS19 (standard). Perhaps you could consider working with N3V to try to resolve this even though you are leaving. It may solve the problem for others, and also more can enjoy your wonderful route.

Hi HF,
I looked at Browning and all that needs to happen is to re-level the road splines, works like a charm.
I looked at the Salem Station and there no ARMCO barriers in the station parking lot, however just to the left of the lot there are barriers in their proper place.

Dave

My threads or responses are usually a long ones, this because i try to explain things in detail. This one should be a short one:

A (my) T:ANE route. It runs fairly well. The "lo-lo" factor is about 4-6 hours. This setting i when you run the session for a given set of time, and it starts to go high wire and trains start to run away, miss points and do the unintended. If you say it is because I don't set signals, trackmarks and all that as I should, think again. All my AI trains run in loops repeating the same thing over again, and on the first 3-4 passes, perform perfectly. But after some time, the lo-lo happens. I am talking here on a continuous run, not a saving and restarting the saved session. In fact, you set the session, and go for dinner. Then come back and take a look at how things are going. No interruptions. Basic loops continue to perform, but complex ones involving switching and setting paths fail after some time or a Lo-Lo point.

Transport the route, session and all assets to Ts19. After much fiddling, repair of assets and re-paint terrain texture, the glory of Ts19 is in place. It looks much better and runs just a little smoother than T:ANE, but both are pleasant enough to play. Here is where the Lo-Lo effect sets in: Now in Ts19 it is reduced to 1-2 hours, and in many instances, what T:ANE could do, on setting points ahead of time, setting a route through a yard by AI, Trs would not do and trains get "stuck". The solution? Use "trigger check" with child "set junctions". Then for the most part, it works. Trouble with that, is that now I have a way too long list of trigger checks and set junctions. Not needed on T:ANE. So, for me Ts19 is a step back: The Lo-Lo "effect" is quite bad in Ts19. Granted it will take a lot to fix the AI, but at least, there should be no degradation from what we had before. Think again, A-rtificial I-ntelligence is not so intelligent after all. But after all, I may not be telling you anything new here. I am just a little more descriptive.

Back