I think I'll call this bit done . (Riverside Railroad and Museum)

Piere

G'day All,

I apologise in advance for the number of images and the long story, but I'm pretty happy with how this has turned out and there's quite a lot of detail that I'd like to show. So thank you for your patience.

Background; So-far, the most adventurous building work I've done has been modifying or adding little bits here and there to the awesome work of the very talented route creators who have made their creations available to the rest of us, whether it be payware or freeware. Indeed, this area is part of a connection between Scratchy's Eagle River and Approach medium's Pennsylvania and Berwind routes, as part of my main mega merged route.

This is the first area where I have really started completely from scratch and evolved a basic idea into something that I'm pretty happy with. I should clarify that I'm not working with any particular knowledge about prototypical railroads and how they might operate or be laid out, so there is every chance that some of this may be quite odd to anyone who actually knows what they're talking about so, again, apologies if any of it is actually really bad or silly.

The basic theme is that this is the base of a small logging (and possibly mining) and tourist railroad, just a couple of miles down the line from Eagle River's Beaver Cove, called the riverside railroad (because I had a sign from JR which already had that name on it). I wanted an area where I could base all the Shay locos I have without filling up the facilities at Eagle River, and an excuse to use more of K&L's lovely Strassburg coaches and some of BTVFD's TPTC equipment etc.

There is also a small museum with a few logging-related locos and rolling stock on display and the railroad will often bring in an operational loco for visitors to get up close and personal with, on live steam weekends (that's that covered area in one corner). Eagle River and Riverside run joint tourist excursion trains on each other's tracks and up into the hills behind Riverside on a scenic route. It also provides a link between Eagle River's Beaver Cove and one of the branch lines of the Pennsylvania and Berwind route.

Anyway, on to the pics. A bit of an overview.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The roundhouse and other locos and rolling stock sheds.

The maintenance and MOW area.

A closer look at the museum.

To Be Continued.......

Just down the road is a scenic lookout and picnic area. Also a great place to watch the trains as they wind their way through the valley.

I've modified a lot of assets for personal use as well as whatever other freeware and payware assets I've collected from many and varied sources over the years. Sometimes, I've used things just because I think they're really cool looking assets and just wanted to find an excuse to use them. :) Obviously none of this would have been possible without the countless items from the very talented and generous content creators out there who make their work available for the rest of us. A big thank you to you all.

Thanks for your indulgence if you've made it this far. :)

Cheers,
Piere.

Wow! That is an awesome job Piere! Great job not only on the railroad and museum, but also the scenery like the waterfall and picnic area. A lot of great detail work done. Thanks for the tour and I hope you will post more screenshots!

... thankz for sharing this ... a place where i wanna live ... most respect for your skills and views ... a lot of inspiration and motivation ... thankz a lot ..
stay healthy and prosper ..
grtz
daveric

I also merged the Pennsylvania and Berwind with Eagle River, but no match for your interconnect. The route and sessions for Pennsylvania and Berwind are free from Jointed Rail (if I remember right). I think the sessions are very well done, and deserve a look by any of you who have yet to do so.

Hello from France,

I have to say Iam absolutely fan of your layout, a lot of details and subtilities in using assets , and a global idea of an extraordinary museum...

Thank you for the pictures, waiting in a near future for a sharing link , I hope ...

Very friendly , and stay away from stupid viruses...

Marc

Thank you all very much for your kind comments.

Marc, unfortunately, I cannot share this for many reasons. Firstly, it is just a small part of a much larger route of merged layouts from payware and non-dls routes. Also, many of the assets I have used are either personally modified, payware or non-dls assets. Sorry. But thank you too for your kind words.

Cheers,
Piere.

Dear friend, dear Piere,
can you tell me please, what objects you are using on this map?
- the fence
- the rocks (objects ore splines)
and especially the stairs.

Thank You so much.

G'day Cosplay,

The items are;

<kuid:101046:103207> Stairs 11ft 6in for Company House DES

<kuid:101046:103209> Stairs 8ft for Company House DES

<kuid:101046:105562> Landing Straight for Stairs DES

By Dave Snow

<kuid:425700:101342> CL Fence Wood - 01a

<kuid:425700:102134> CL Rock 10c

<kuid:425700:102135> CL Rock 11c

By Clam1952

All should be available on the dls.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Piere.

Hello Piere,

Your texture blending is first rate! Many routes fail in this area. Your trackwork does not look forced and your grade crossings are excellent. As for correctness, I'm no expert but your creation absolutely looks believable! Really well done. Just out of curiosity, how long did this area take to complete?

Thank you all very much for your kind comments.

Pepperref, thanks also for the kind (and helpful) comments. I'm not sure, but I'd say I've been working on this specific area for a few months, with pretty consistent work most weekends and some week-nights.

Cheers,
Piere.

Ah Piere,

Way, way too cool, my heavens you are creative..........:Y:

:clap:I think Disneyland would call you an Imagine-er......Someone who has amazing talents and Skills to create Visual items that are astonishing to the eye and senses........:clap:

Ah Piere,

Way, way too cool, my heavens you are creative..........:Y:

:clap:I think Disneyland would call you an Imagine-er......Someone who has amazing talents and Skills to create Visual items that are astonishing to the eye and senses........:clap:

Thank you very much indeed Blue.

Cheers,
Piere.

Back