Uploading procedures

jeff1959

I am considering uploading my route and sessions. I can't find any information on what a route can or can't include. Also what qualification standard should a route demonstrate?

I don't want to upload something that most would consider junk.

BTW, I searched the Wiki and forums and came up wanting .

Routes can safely include anything that is built-in (for that particular build) or on the DLS. Where you will cause problems is if the route includes assets that are payware.

A simple step I take is to use CM to list all the dependencies of a route I am about to upload and then sort the results on the Status column. This will show any assets that are identified as "Installed, payware". I then set to work finding DLS or Built-in replacements for them. It will also show those assets you have modified but have not yet uploaded.

As to "qualification standard", there is none.

What some people will consider "junk" can be anothers "treasure". I have never worried if others decide that my work is "rubbish" or "not up to their standard" (what ever that means). If I have enjoyed creating the route and "playing" on it then I will happily upload it for others to use if they want. They can then make their own judgements.

If something is on the DLS then it is free and you get what you pay for and that makes it harder to criticize.

My thoughts

"This will show any assets that are identified as "Installed, payware"."

Even in a base installation some assets are marked as payware.

The only guaranteed way of determining if all dependencies are either built-in or from the Download Station is to have a fresh, clean installation of TRS19. Import your route or session into this installation and then right click and select Download. If you end up with missing dependencies ... .

Another complication are the four additional free routes that come with TRS19 but have to be selected and downloaded. Some may choose to install these; some not.

Of course you might decide, as many seem to do, that having only dependencies that are built-in or from the Download Station is not important. Then you can either leave it to the downloader to identify and find the missing dependencies, or you can provide links (assuming you know where they came from).

As for this standard required, you just have to look at some of the material on the Download Station and draw your own conclusions.

Phil

From your timeline, you have both TANE and TRS19, so if your content is in TANE (sp3 or higher?) it will also work with TRS19, it won't go backwards, so that might be a consideration also.

Back