Wind River Valley - America's most dangerous train route

Wow what a route. I agree this would be an amazing route in Trainz!

I've been in eastern Wyoming up in the high plains and a bit west into high desert area while storm chasing back in June 2016. The area is truly amazing and a lot bigger and more wide than one can imagine. Coming from southern New England, we have hills covered with trees. While out there, well it's an odd feeling being exposed like that.

If anything, I would love to see the area again not only for the storms, but also the trains and rocks. Being a rock hound, I immediately tried to identify the geology in the region, but a trip out that way today for me is way above my budget and physically impossible. it's nice to dream though!

Weirdly, this appeared on my smart tv YouTube suggestions last night, so I had a look at it, not a bad production, but from what I could find out, that line was constructed in 1913 and there's only been one major crash there, in 2010, it's hardly a death trap. Nice country tho, very impressive .

It is gorgeous country to drive through, with the rugged rocks and the red versus white striated layers. I have been through there a couple of times and never failed to appreciate the beauty of that area.

Back