Please Explain Queues in Industry

Geep arrives with 5 different building material loads:

bJaxiP4.jpg
[/IMG]

xWzd6z0.jpg
[/IMG]

Rolls on through, stopping to load DES Modular buildings.

RcEdYAa.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks, Christopher!

I have been using Multiple Industry New in TMR1207 for quite some time. I set up an industry which takes 2 products and produces a third product in the queue, e.g. consume flour and sugar and produce cake packaged as general goods. I worked out all the numbers regarding Size, Consumption requirements or Production capacity, wagon load capacity and waybill demands. For everything to work properly the numbers have to be correct. I have explained it in detail in a Word document for my future reference. Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload the document here!

I have been using Multiple Industry New in TMR1207 for quite some time. I set up an industry which takes 2 products and produces a third product in the queue, e.g. consume flour and sugar and produce cake packaged as general goods. I worked out all the numbers regarding Size, Consumption requirements or Production capacity, wagon load capacity and waybill demands. For everything to work properly the numbers have to be correct. I have explained it in detail in a Word document for my future reference. Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload the document here!

You could start a blog post on this site and paste the contents into it. If you have images, you will need to host them somehow.

Last edited:
I am interested in how to make the MIN work with multiple products in a queue, please post that doc.

It does seem as though the industry is designed to do more than just one product per queue, interacting with waybills, etc.

I am interested in how to make the MIN work with multiple products in a queue, please post that doc.

It does seem as though the industry is designed to do more than just one product per queue, interacting with waybills, etc.

You can put more than one commodity into a single queue, but only one of them can be used at a time. If commodity one is set to zero, then commodity two can have a quantity, or vice versa, but both cannot have quantity in the one queue.

For best results only put one commodity in each of the six queues. That is the current limit of the asset.

More instructions are here;
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?161416-CDE-Multiple-Industry-New

Last edited:
I have posted the Blog entitled "Working of Multi-Product Industries". To fully understand everything, you need to set up the small example that is described. The train takes two products from one MIN and delivers them to another MIN to manufacture a third product. All the inputs are specified and full explanation is given of the outputs and how the various quantities are calculated. Everything works perfectly if each product is specified in a separate queue. Good luck with your industries!

Back