Please Explain Queues in Industry

C_Blabsky

What ways to use queues, other than Product 1 in Q1, etc.? Are Load\Unload order or quantity affected? I ask in reference to Multiple_Industry_New <kuid:-25:1224> and Multiple_Industry_New (short track) <kuid2:458053:101007:1> primarily, although any industry discussion is welcome.

3SExwcG.jpg

regards,
Blabsky

Like your layout

Hi Blabsky - I can't help you with your industry question because i have wondered about that same question, but I like your car assembly plant if that's what it is, the first I have seen. That's a great idea. It reminds me of a plant not far from where I live.

Hope you get some help - Frank

Well obviously (?) you have to set up either the amount available to load, and in both cases how much it either produces or consumes. The latter isn't so important unless you're going to visit there more than once, to ensure there is something to pick up, or it's consume what was unloaded so it wants more. One of the very important items is to ensure you state which queue each commodity is in. If this is left blank it usually causes a persons loco (not AI though) to have the controls locked up and invisible, effectively ending the session. I'm sure there are others with more experience in these matters.

Howdy, Fwb, that's a screenshot from the
CDE Auto Plant Chrysler
<KUID:647907:101367>
and the GM-SW1500 and car carriers are on the DLS.

Thanks, Allikiwi, follow your posts. For some of my more basic questions and some answers from helpful experts, see this thread from June:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...Industries-Update-the-Discussion-in-June-2020

When adding multiple products to queues, or adding products to multiple queues, what is the strategy? I haven't gotten into waybills or the CMTS system, just experimenting with different little industries and how to use them. Further research is needed! Any hints gratefully accepted.

Howdy, Fwb, that's a screenshot from the
CDE Auto Plant Chrysler
<KUID:647907:101367>
and the GM-SW1500 and car carriers are on the DLS.

Thanks, Allikiwi, follow your posts. For some of my more basic questions and some answers from helpful experts, see this thread from June:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...Industries-Update-the-Discussion-in-June-2020

When adding multiple products to queues, or adding products to multiple queues, what is the strategy? I haven't gotten into waybills or the CMTS system, just experimenting with different little industries and how to use them. Further research is needed! Any hints gratefully accepted.

First, Thank you for using and showing off my route. Search CDE in game, on DLC, or in the Content Manager for more free routes available.

To your question, here are some basic things to consider that I have found;

With the 2 Multi Ind assets you say you are using, do not have more that 3 commodities (queue's). If you have more, you will not be able to change the Processes tab for the 4th commodity and up as it only will show the first 3. If you use the Mutli Ind str (10m, 20m and 60m), I would only recommend 1 commodity, as after 2 or 3 it literally breaks it and the popups show in a foreign language on the Tracks tab and the list box is empty even though it should show the next commodity, looks like Polish to me.

I usually don't worry too much about the settings for the queues and commodities initially, just set them to work in the direction you want. I then do some Driver testing to see how long and how much I might need..

Then there is the math. Queue size, Consumption or Production rates per interval (default 30 seconds/changeable), and then what railcar are you using and how much can the car hold * how many railcars. Factor in how long it will take between each deliver/pickup. After a little playing around with all the numbers you will get it set the way you need it to operate.

Thanks for adding to this discussion, Christopher, your CDE routes are certainly great work.

Interestingly, your comment about 'literally break'-ing the Industry makes sense. I've ripped out track to replace the industries when I couldn't configure them correctly, and just thought I was being lazy by replacing.

Last night's experiment, I couldn't get 4 commodities on one queue to unload, and then the other queues stopped working. I think I forget that this is not bricks and lumber but some lines of code that interact with other 1's and 0's. There are just too many variables that remain hidden; it's difficult to establish best practices.

Using visible loads (gondola, flats, etc.) is one of the enjoyable aspects, so I am happy to have some success in that, and having some purpose to running freight even with the invisible loads.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
n8YgvQK.jpg
[/FONT]

One thing I am finding in TRS19 (among many) is that the multiple_industry_new will only allow 1 item per queue although it says you may add several. Yes, you can add them but the amount can't be increase above 0, except for the first item. I suspect N3V need to tweak this for TRS19.

Auto plant

Thanks for the info on the Auto plant Blabsky and thanks to Christopher824 & Alikiwi for your help with the Industries.

Some experiments have yielded the same results re: M_I_N not accepting multiple commodities in the same queue. Also, will check on the 3 commodity limit because I seem to have used all 6 slots in the short-track version previously. Problem for me seems to be the inconsistency of results from route to route, from time to time. As mentioned, there are hidden variables that escape my limited Skillz. Things that take a long time to set up, and then fail, are frustrating. But happily I've gotten a lot of fun things to work along the way.

In addition to the June discussion, see the following (Alikiwi, you're in this discussion), especially for the limit on commodities in the install:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?156961-Issue-with-Multi-Industry-Track

This begs the question: If I 'break' an industry track with improper configuration, does it affect the other examples on the route? The asset in the install?

Did some fact-checking of some of the above claims about commodity loading/ unloading limits in <kuid:-25:1356> Multiple Industry New.
Found that on my test track sessions, I could create 6 queues of commodities (in my case different grains; wheat, barley, rice, oats, corn, and 'grain') but only load or unload 3 different commodities at a time, with the remainder being ignored.
The products could be added to the Queue, Track, and Products input dialogs, but the Processes dialog would only show - and handle - 3 products at a time in the 'consume' or 'Produce' input dialogs.
Appears that the script is missing some containers for the Processing component.
However, it is possible to load 6 different grains/ commodities, to a consist with wagons configured to load a single type of grain/ commodity, if you add 3 of the queue items to the Processes 'consume' (input) and 3 to the 'produce' (output) side.
Will raise a bug report with some illustrative screenshots.

Edit update:
Here is an extract from the multipleindustrynew.gs script which appears to limit the product list to a count of 3:

// Get a list of all the product icons, allowing them to be toggled for (k = 0; k < industryProductInfoCollection.ipicCollection.size(); k++)
{
IndustryProductInfoComplete ipiCollection = industryProductInfoCollection.ipicCollection[k];
for (l = 0; l < ipiCollection.processes.size(); l++)
{
IndustryProductInfoProcess ipip = ipiCollection.processes[l];
if (ipip.GetProcessName() == processes)
{
Asset asset = ipiCollection.GetProduct();
KUID kuid = asset.GetKUID();
string icon = kuid.GetHTMLString();
// Limit the product list count to 3
if (ipip.DoesUseInputForSurveyor() and productListInCount < 3)
{
productListIn = productListIn + HTMLWindow.MakeLink( "live://property/ToggleProcessDisplayIn/" + (string)k + "/" + (string)l, HTMLWindow.MakeImage( icon, true, 32, 32 ) + " " );
productListInCount = productListInCount + 1;
}
// Limit the product list count to 3
if (ipip.DoesUseOutputForSurveyor() and productListOutCount < 3)
{
productListOut = productListOut + HTMLWindow.MakeLink( "live://property/ToggleProcessDisplayOut/" + (string)k + "/" + (string)l, HTMLWindow.MakeImage( icon, true, 32, 32 ) + " " );
productListOutCount = productListOutCount + 1;
}
}
}
}
// Allow items to be added
productListIn = productListIn + HTMLWindow.MakeLink( "live://property/AddProcessInput/" + processes, HTMLWindow.MakeImage("imgAdd.tga", false, 32, 32, "imgAdd_over.tga") );
productListOut = productListOut + HTMLWindow.MakeLink( "live://property/AddProcessOutput/" + processes, HTMLWindow.MakeImage("imgAdd.tga", false, 32, 32, "imgAdd_over.tga") );

Not sure if a simple fix might be to change the ProductListInCount and ProductListOutCount (limit) values to 6 and whether we can actually save changes to this script for a built-in asset.

Last edited:
I'm already 'done' for today, but what if this could be cloned and recompiled with this code;

Code:
// Get a list of all the product icons, allowing them to be toggled for (k = 0; k < industryProductInfoCollection.ipicCollection.size( ); k++)
{
IndustryProductInfoComplete ipiCollection = industryProductInfoCollection.ipicCollection[k];
for (l = 0; l < ipiCollection.processes.size(); l++)
{
IndustryProductInfoProcess ipip = ipiCollection.processes[l];
if (ipip.GetProcessName() == processes[i])
{
Asset asset = ipiCollection.GetProduct();
KUID kuid = asset.GetKUID();
string icon = kuid.GetHTMLString();
// Limit the product list count to [B][COLOR="#800000"]6[/COLOR][/B][B][I][COLOR="#800000"] <-- CHANGE[/COLOR][/I][/B]
if (ipip.DoesUseInputForSurveyor() and productListInCount < [B][COLOR="#800000"]6[/COLOR][/B])[B][I][COLOR="#800000"] <-- CHANGE[/COLOR][/I][/B]
{
productListIn = productListIn + HTMLWindow.MakeLink( "live://property/ToggleProcessDisplayIn/" + (string)k + "/" + (string)l, HTMLWindow.MakeImage( icon, true, 32, 32 ) + " " );
productListInCount = productListInCount + 1;
}
// Limit the product list count to [B][COLOR="#800000"]6[/COLOR][/B][B][I][COLOR="#800000"] <-- CHANGE[/COLOR][/I][/B]
if (ipip.DoesUseOutputForSurveyor() and productListOutCount < [B][COLOR="#800000"]6[/COLOR][/B])[B][I][COLOR="#800000"] <-- CHANGE[/COLOR][/I][/B]
{
productListOut = productListOut + HTMLWindow.MakeLink( "live://property/ToggleProcessDisplayOut/" + (string)k + "/" + (string)l, HTMLWindow.MakeImage( icon, true, 32, 32 ) + " " );
productListOutCount = productListOutCount + 1;
}
}
}
}
// Allow items to be added
productListIn = productListIn + HTMLWindow.MakeLink( "live://property/AddProcessInput/" + processes[i], HTMLWindow.MakeImage("imgAdd.tga", false, 32, 32, "imgAdd_over.tga") );
productListOut = productListOut + HTMLWindow.MakeLink( "live://property/AddProcessOutput/" + processes[i], HTMLWindow.MakeImage("imgAdd.tga", false, 32, 32, "imgAdd_over.tga") );

If no one tries it by tomorrow, I will give it a go.

Scripting is above my skillzset currently; good on y'all for your work. The 3 in and 3 out limit has been working well

Empirically, once the MIN stops working it seem to need replacing: rip out track, etc. I've stop trying to re-enter or eliminate the products etc., and just redo the route area with a new asset.

After you rip out the track, consider using one of MsgSappers new industry tracks. The older ones are having problems with the commodity count in the build.

If no one tries it by tomorrow, I will give it a go.

I changed the script above as noted on a cloned version of Multiple_Industry_New <kuid:-25:1224>

I also removed the obsolete table from the config.txt and... It Works Great!

MultiIndustryNewCDE.png

Next question, since this is an Auran asset, can I submit my clone to the download center? There is no warning in the assets description otherwise.

I submitted my repaired clone as this to NV3, lets see if they approve it, so 'coming soon'..

CDE_Multiple_Industry_New.cdp
Date Received: 23rd Nov 2020, 00:21:36 (AEST)
Upload Mode: Standard
Waiting to be Processed.

Can you add 6 different to each side of Process? (that is, 12 different commodities total)

Are you able to add more than 1 product to a Queue? (which would add to commodities total)

regards,

Blabsky

Can you add 6 different to each side of Process? (that is, 12 different commodities total)

Are you able to add more than 1 product to a Queue? (which would add to commodities total)

regards,

Blabsky

So there are 6 queues in the Queues tab. Only put one commodity in each queue. So the limit on commodities is 6. then you can put any combination of commodities in both the Consume and Produce in the Processes tab. 6 on each side (12 processes). I'm thinking this is the limitation of the asset for now to make sure it's stable. Once it's released (if they allow it), your more than welcome to break it and send me the feedback and we can fix it from there.

I can break many things, it is a gift.

But this sounds good, since just a simple industry may have 5 commodities in to produce that special widget. Or wood in, to produce 5 different lumber load-outs. It is real nice to have extra flexibility.

The good MSG's BI3 Industries are another matter than the various MIN's. Sometimes I don't want to have the slow-movement affect, which is why the MIN is important too.

Testing out the new
SAP_BI3_General_Manufacturing <KUID:439337:104990>

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
o583sPB.jpg
[/IMG]
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]

I can break many things, it is a gift.

But this sounds good, since just a simple industry may have 5 commodities in to produce that special widget. Or wood in, to produce 5 different lumber load-outs. It is real nice to have extra flexibility.

The good MSG's BI3 Industries are another matter than the various MIN's. Sometimes I don't want to have the slow-movement affect, which is why the MIN is important too.

NV3 has approved the new asset;
CDE Multiple_Industry_New
<KUID:647907:100648>
Last Updated: 23rd Nov 2020
File Size: 170.53 kb

Get it on the DLC or your CM

Christopher824 - Well done and thank you.
NV3 has approved the new asset;
CDE Multiple_Industry_New
<KUID:647907:100648>
Last Updated: 23rd Nov 2020
File Size: 170.53 kb

Will try it out shortly.
Edit Update: Tested well. Now produces/ loads or consumes/ unloads up to 6 different commodities, making it an excellent multi-industry asset indeed.

Last edited:
Back