AEM7 problems

I just downloaded the virtual beach grove Amtrak AEM7 in TANE. The strobe lights don't work and I cant get the pentagraphs to go up and down. i was hoping someone might be able to help me resolve these issues. below is the configuration file for the AEM7. there's no missing dependency's and both the strobe lights and the pentagraphs are listed in the configuration file so I don't know what's going on. any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

kuid <kuid:160048:900>
category-class "AC"
interior <kuid:-10:173>
pantograph <kuid:160048:1028>
enginespec <kuid:160048:1060>
enginesound <kuid:239249:100291>
hornsound <kuid2:74779:7742178:1>
engine 1
fonts 2
username "Amtrak Aem-7ac Phase V"
mass 75000
origin "US"
kind "traincar"
light_color 255,252,170
author "Corey Fischer"
organisation "Virtual Beech Grove"
contact-email "Amtrakid@yahoo.com"
description "Amtrak Aem-7ac Phase V: In 1999 Amtrak began refurbishing much of their Aem-7dc's into Aem-7ac's which were much more efficient, These locomotives are used extensively on the North East Corridor between Boston and Washington DC, and the Keystone Corridor between Philadelphia and Harrisburg Pa, They are used on the NEC pool's along with the HHP-8. They are used between boston-washington pulling Regional Trains and from NYC-Washington pulling the Silver Services, the Palmetto, the Carolianian and the Crescent. Amtrak also uses them on the Keystone trains and the Pennsylvanian between NYC and Harrisburg Via Philadelphia."
category-region "US"
category-era "2000s"
trainz-build 2.4
use-coupler-sounds 1

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "aem-7_Body/toaster.im"
auto-create 1

effects
{
strobe_a1
{
kind "corona"
att "a.strobe0"
object-size 0.15
directional 0
}

strobe_a2
{
kind "corona"
att "a.strobe1"
object-size 0.15
directional 0
}

strobe_b1
{
kind "corona"
att "a.strobe2"
object-size 0.15
directional 0
}

strobe_b2
{
kind "corona"
att "a.strobe3"
object-size 0.15
directional 0
}

tail_rf
{
kind "corona"
att "a.corona0"
object-size 0.15
directional 1
}

tail_lf
{
kind "corona"
att "a.corona1"
object-size 0.15
directional 1
}

tail_rr
{
kind "corona"
att "a.corona2"
object-size 0.15
directional 1
}

tail_lr
{
kind "corona"
att "a.corona3"
object-size 0.15
directional 1
}
}
}

ditch_rf
{
mesh "ditchlight-corona/corona.im"
auto-create 1
att "a.ditch0"
att-parent "default"
}

ditch_lf
{
auto-create 1
att "a.ditch1"
att-parent "default"
}

ditch_rr
{
auto-create 1
att "a.ditch2"
att-parent "default"
}

ditch_lr
{
auto-create 1
att "a.ditch3"
att-parent "default"
}
}
bogey <kuid:160048:1013>
asset-filename "aem-7"

extensions
{
numberit-75134
{
numberit_prefix "9"
numberit_min "01"
numberit_max "53"
}
}
class "AEM7"
script "AEM7"

kuid-table
{
corona_rearlight <kuid:160048:1019>
corona_ditchlight <kuid:160048:1012>
corona_strobelight <kuid:160048:1018>
numberit_library <kuid2:75134:99003:7>
0 <kuid:160048:1013>
1 <kuid2:74779:7742178:1>
2 <kuid:160048:1028>
3 <kuid:160048:1060>
4 <kuid:-10:173>
5 <kuid:239249:100291>
}

Make sure you are doing this in Driver and not Surveyor.

I can get the pantograph and lights to come on. I don't know how to turn on the strobes, other than that it works fine in TRS2019-Plus latest version.

Are you using the version of the AEM-7 from the Wayback machine? That version worked fully. I know other versions but the scripts were broke on them.

Are you using the version of the AEM-7 from the Wayback machine? That version worked fully. I know other versions but the scripts were broke on them.

That was the only version I found and you are right it works fine after I ran the .texture files through PEV's Images2TGA

To add to the thing about the strobes. On mine they come on automatically at low speeds then switch off once you get up to speed.

Thanks. I didn't know that. The fact that everything else works without errors even in TRS2019 means these most likely work as well.

ok i got the strobe lights to work. I did not realize the train had to be moving to turn them on. but I still cant get the pentagraphs to work. I'm using the pentagraph key in driver. also does anyone notice the drivers feet stick out of the bottom of the front of the locomotive. is there anyway to just remove the driver. thanks for all the help.

ok i got the strobe lights to work. I did not realize the train had to be moving to turn them on. but I still cant get the pentagraphs to work. I'm using the pentagraph key in driver. also does anyone notice the drivers feet stick out of the bottom of the front of the locomotive. is there anyway to just remove the driver. thanks for all the help.

I used the pantograph symbol to raise and lower the pantograph because I forgot the key sequence. There are issues with the key assignments in TANE so that might be your problem there and not the model.

Try a different driver. There are some with the driver sitting, but I don't remember which ones.

I tried the pantograph symbol but it still did not work. the funny thing is that with other electric locomotives I've used the pantograph symbol and it works just fine. its only this one that gives me a problem.

The attachment point for the driver (a.driver0) is defined twice in the mesh (toaster.im). The first definition is too low (~1.5m), the height of the second one (2.836m) is better. It's easyly changed using IM Editor, delete the low a.driver0, and change a.driver1 to the same height as the remaining a.driver0.

The pantograph key (keypad 1) works in TRS19.

Peter

I have one in TRS2009, but I cant seem to get the auto running numbers to work.
any ideas?
there is no error message about it either.

Back