Problem with MPS (Empty world) - [solved]

grazlash

Route Builder
I'm not having a fun time with MPS.
In the routes menu I have a number of MPS routes, when I click on any I am presented with the option to: Abandon Route, Edit Route, Create new route.
My only viable option appears to be: Edit Route. I click on that and within a short space of time I am presented with the options box which is usually shown initially when creating a route. Once that is closed, all I see is default sky and no baseboards and just whiteness. I left this open for 15 minutes, hoping it was just needing to download from the server. After 15 minutes it is still the same.
So, am I doing something wrong, missing a step, not waiting long enough? I really have no idea why it will not work - the instructions seem simple enough to follow, but still nothing.
build 109641
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
What is the name of the route you were trying? My impression is that there are a bunch of incomplete test routes on MPS, so you may have encountered one of those.

We need to identify one route that is optimized for the new user experience and point new users there with instructions to maximize the likelihood of a positive experience.

My understanding is to drive a route, you have to click on edit route, then switch from Surveyor to Driver.

Every single one of them does it. I followed the instructions to the letter and nothing. The experience is the same on all of them. You can go into driver mode, but it still looks like a new route with zero baseboards
This is what I see when any MPS route loads
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Graeme

Last edited:
Fixed it myself. Logs said some files locally modified.
Opened CM and went to "locally modified" filter
selected all "modified"
Revert to Original
Everything works.
A warning or a dialog box stating there were built-in locally modified assets would have been helpful to work out what the issue was. I would have been up and running last night, rather than cursing N3V for 24 hours.

cheers

Last edited:
Back