External hard drive for Macbook air

I'm using a Macbook for TRS19, and lucky me, it's almost out of storage. Can I just get an external hard drive for storage? I'm confused if I need to save my new files there or if I need to move TRS19 as a whole there. What drive is best for my game, I have a thunderbolt 3 (USB - C) port. Thanks!

I'm using a Macbook for TRS19, and lucky me, it's almost out of storage. Can I just get an external hard drive for storage? I'm confused if I need to save my new files there or if I need to move TRS19 as a whole there. What drive is best for my game, I have a thunderbolt 3 (USB - C) port. Thanks!

It will run fine on a 7200 external drive , i recommend the hitachi enterprise models, or buy an external ssd and run it off there. Just specify your local data folder destination on the external drive in the trainz install window.
Here's mine, my system is actually running on a 7200 drive and the trainz DATA folder is here on my ssd
/Volumes/samsung 860 1TB/com.n3vgames.tane/Data/build ugrlfl321

You can move your whole Trainz install or just the data to the external drive. The data portion gets quite large, so moving that over helps.

Back