Trainz Plus Official Update Released (109641, 109646)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
The N3V Games team are very happy to announce the official release of our next Trainz Plus update which includes the Multiplayer Surveyor (MPS) functionality.

This update is available to all existing Trainz Plus users (which includes all Gold Class members). If you haven’t already tried our membership options, there is a Trainz Plus Free Trial which will let you explore the new features for a month (credit card required on joining, cancel at any time within 30 days and you will not be charged).

You can find out more about MPS in our news post here and join in the discussion on our Multiplayer forums here, or on our Discord chat channel here.

Updating to the latest Trainz Plus version

The PC version is build 109641

The Mac version is 109646

If you have already patched using Trainz Plus Beta, you don't need to do anything.

If you are on 106618 (PC) or 106755 (Mac) then you can patch using Trainz Plus stream.

If you are not a Trainz Plus or Gold Class member, you won't have access to this feature.

While this version has been a long time coming, the good news is we expect the next update to be soon (which will add new features that we've already been working on), so stay tuned.

I'm confused on how to access the routes shown in purple. Take for an example Route 1. I click on the purple route and the big window on the right shows nothing. I have the option to start a new route, edit the route, or abandon the route. I choose edit the route and a screen appears asking me to name the new route but nowhere do I see the option of running Route 1.

I have a fast internet connection (350mps) so accessing the cloud where these routes are supposedly stored should not be a problem.

What is the secret to accessing these routes shown in purple?

I'm confused on how to access the routes shown in purple. Take for an example Route 1. I click on the purple route and the big window on the right shows nothing. I have the option to start a new route, edit the route, or abandon the route. I choose edit the route and a screen appears asking me to name the new route but nowhere do I see the option of running Route 1.

I have a fast internet connection (350mps) so accessing the cloud where these routes are supposedly stored should not be a problem.

What is the secret to accessing these routes shown in purple?

You are getting a local route and not the online version. This will occur if you have any modified built-in assets I was told recently. If you want to try the online routes, I recommend setting up a generic data folder create another program copy and point that to the generic data folder. There's no need for DLC because all the content is up on the cloud anyway.

Route 1, by the way, is trashed and is being rebuilt by the folks. That route went through testing hell and eventually collapsed, literally, with content floating in the air and track splines splayed out and floating in the sky. It was a rather spectacular end to a route that withstood many events during its lifetime.

You are getting a local route and not the online version. This will occur if you have any modified built-in assets I was told recently. If you want to try the online routes, I recommend setting up a generic data folder create another program copy and point that to the generic data folder. There's no need for DLC because all the content is up on the cloud anyway.

Route 1, by the way, is trashed and is being rebuilt by the folks. That route went through testing hell and eventually collapsed, literally, with content floating in the air and track splines splayed out and floating in the sky. It was a rather spectacular end to a route that withstood many events during its lifetime.

So if I understand you correctly if you have any modified built in content then the purple stuff does not work because it thinks you are using a local route. That means then to have any purple stuff work you need an entirely new trainz installation using a database with no assets other then non-modified DLS assets. Also you cannot run the purple routes if you have any payware stuff in your database because not everyone will have it.

It seems to me that this should be made very clear in the instruction page on how to use the purple routes.

I downloaded a whole setup and called it Trainz Purple. I have pointed the database to a folder I called Trainz Purple Data. It has no assets other then came with the initial installation.

I now have some routes that came standard plus a bunch of purple routes. I can now get them to run sort of.

Build 109641 for purple routes is truly a beta release in my opinion. For my daily use I think I will stick with build 106618 since build 109641 breaks some of my old routes that use some scripting (some by Boat).

That's exactly what I did. Mike has been updating his assets to work with 109641 so keep an eye out for them. I've had some issues with 109641 in the beginning, but they've seem to have settled down to the usual Trainz quirks we've dealt with since the early days of Trainz.

One Question
Have the REDO and UNDO buttons been placed back on the main page of surveyor?
Because there is no way that I will update until that happens.
Macka

One Question
Have the REDO and UNDO buttons been placed back on the main page of surveyor?
Because there is no way that I will update until that happens.
Macka
Guess you'll be stuck on TRS19 SP1, it is extremely unlikely that the undo/redo buttons will change from their current positions. Get used to using ctrl-z and ctrl-y it's not hard, is quicker than a menu and while change can be difficult, you will get used to it as I did. N3V stated ages ago that they have no plans to change it back.
cheers
Graeme

When I look at the routes that are listed under "owned", some are already present, some give me the option of downloading (which works fine), and then there are some that say "Purchase - $xx.xx. Why if I own them do I have to pay for them.

It seems that the filter used for the owned tab is not working correctly.

Paul - thanks for the heads up. It looks like a configuration issue with the TMR2017 routes. We'll get it sorted out on Monday.

Reading this conversation firmly reinforces my decision not to ever buy into this option, there enough hassles with the app as it is without adding more , I don't need any more stress and frustration than trainz already imposes on me, and seeing people flounder through this ferago of options just makes me glad I'm not in this version of the game.

Reading this conversation firmly reinforces my decision not to ever buy into this option, there enough hassles with the app as it is without adding more , I don't need any more stress and frustration than trainz already imposes on me, and seeing people flounder through this ferago of options just makes me glad I'm not in this version of the game.

Don't have to use it Dan, I don't so it doesn't bother me, it has zero effect on normal use of Trainz thankfully.

Back