Deletion Problem

BeefChungus

Hello, I was wondering what I should do about this, the game is claiming that there is a locomotive on the map when there are none. When I go to session edit and edit the drivers it shows up there as if its on the map. I am not sure on how to delete it. https://ibb.co/kxC1p1y this is what the map is showing, just above the round house there is a red line as if a loco was there but when I zoom in there is nothing there. It is also showing the name at the bottom middle part of the map (Consist 22). :\ Any ideas on how I could fix this?

Welcome to the forums.

In Surveyor, run the Delete missing assets utility. That cleans up the data files, usually, and that should clear the unremovable consist.

The Delete missing assets utility is located under the wrench icon.

Once run, save your route to ensure the changes have been made.

This solution is a perfect one if what you have is just a ghost loco. Careful here: Imagine that for some reason you have an industry that the map says should be there, but because it has become faulty or with missing dependencies, it does not show, and the tracks are connected like nothing is missing. Delete missing assets and the ghost everything is deleted. Later you discover the missing industry (or invisible station), and instead the "connected" tracks refuse to be deleted by normal means.

So, this later problem is easily solved by the copy-paste texture method. And I would say, before "delete missing assets" just to get rid of a red ghost loco, take a look in depth for any other ghost assets you may have. Just to be sure.

Welcome to the forums.

In Surveyor, run the Delete missing assets utility. That cleans up the data files, usually, and that should clear the unremovable consist.

The Delete missing assets utility is located under the wrench icon.

Once run, save your route to ensure the changes have been made.

This worked, Thank you.

Back