Modified Coal Country ..A little over 2 months in the making

Railhead001

Intro: I began this project in the middle of August and can now say that it is really complete..I may make some small additional scenes but all the new industries, reworked towns and stations added are done. i love this route from the start but felt it could have more industries serving the towns. My inspiration came while looking on Google maps at my old home town back east and saw the changes it went through over a 20+ year period. Strip malls and large warehouse complexes now take over what was once farmland and soccer fields....this is what gave me the idea for modernizing the town of Richmond.

The journey begins in Parker where I decided to add a large grain elevator and a freight yard which I felt was needed since Richmond had one and would be perfect for serving the mines and new grain elevator. Next I added a small grocery distrbutor behind the Parker station:

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-11-01-13-34-59-88.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-13-32-33-73.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-09-47-40-17.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-08-47-11-02.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-08-47-49-78.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-09-40-41-42.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-09-41-08-70.jpg

Last edited:
Next I expanded the sawmill area and made some custom reskins. The Woodchuck sawmill and lumber company was born: Workers are reskinned in green outfits and drivers have been added to heavy equipment and trucks. Chainsaw SFX also added.

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-09-41-34-18.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-09-42-14-21.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-09-45-24-93.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-09-43-01-49.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-09-43-23-83.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-09-44-20-72.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-09-44-52-48.jpg

Onwards to the town of Peabody. Besides filling it up with new industries, I expanded the town and added a station for passenger service:

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-08-50-43-69.jpg

Just on the outskirts are the new General Plastics and Corn Products International industries

01.jpg

02.jpg

Coming into Peabody we have the new 76 Fuel distributor and next to it a Department of Tranportation (DOT) facility:

02b.jpg

Along with the WoodChuck Lumber yard, Peabody Grain Elevator and Touchstar Warehouse and Logistics:

03a.jpg

03b.jpg

Added some Air BnB rentals and a feed supply with a John Deere distributor

04a.jpg

A view of the new Peabody Station:

04b.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:
Another view of the updated town of Peabody: {Also added automated crossings along the main road)

07.jpg

As we head out we encounter Urban Effects Cabinetry and The Authentic Food Company also I added a cement recieving addition to SouthPine Lumber and a new Northern Energy propane dealership:

07b.jpg

08.jpg

08c.jpg

08b.jpg

09.jpg

Finally as we leave Peabody, the new CAT service and sales center serving all the mining communitie:

10.jpg

11.jpg

I added the LaFarge Cement Co. and a quarry area for trucks:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Leaving LaFarge, we pass a scene at the coal mine that I am currently working on, transformer delivery with Terex and CAT equipment: (In the distance is the new 76 Fuel depot and Northern Energy propane depot)

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

And finally the city of Richmond. I expanded the town, strip malls added along with warehouses, fast food chains, a passenger station, a Starbucks and a Greyhound bus terminal. The trailer park was replaced with a new hosuing development. Break Thru Beverage signs were created to add to a pre existing building. I also added a plastic pellet facility and produce warehouse both with rail service as well as adding signs for a sweetner manufacturer with rail access. I also addded automaded crossings were. Lastly a Northern Energy propane distributor, MOW Ballast area, redid the loco service area and addeda hazmat response team:

01.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-11-01-11-37-21-64.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

Last edited:
I suggest you get with Jointed Rail and see if they will release your version of Coal Country thru them 'cause I'm sure there's people who'd be interested in it. It'd obviously be payware, but I'd be willing to pay for it.

Nice thought Jordon412, but I am betting a lot of assets went into that masterpiece that do not allow being in payware. A magnificent job, but I think the best anyone can do is probably to try to copy it, and that will be a lot of work! Great job as always, RH!

Fantastic work - Something to be very proud of. It's been great watching it develop into what it is now.

Nice thought Jordon412, but I am betting a lot of assets went into that masterpiece that do not allow being in payware. A magnificent job, but I think the best anyone can do is probably to try to copy it, and that will be a lot of work! Great job as always, RH!

Or he could do what's done with landrvr1's assets, E-Mail it to people who want it, but limit it to people who already have Coal Country, and limit what's included in the E-Mail to the route and dependencies NOT included with Coal Country, so if someone who doesn't have Coal Country gets the modified version of Coal Country, they'll have missing dependencies and will come to the Forums posting the missing dependencies, showing that they in fact never had Coal Country, and just tried to get it for free.

Or he could do what's done with landrvr1's assets, E-Mail it to people who want it, but limit it to people who already have Coal Country, and limit what's included in the E-Mail to the route and dependencies NOT included with Coal Country, so if someone who doesn't have Coal Country gets the modified version of Coal Country, they'll have missing dependencies and will come to the Forums posting the missing dependencies, showing that they in fact never had Coal Country, and just tried to get it for free.

:D Which is the direction I am considering if enough are interested. In that scenario I would provide a link for the non-Coal Country custom files. to my one drive (Would definitely need to make some room available)........................

Luv your work. It's the attention to detail that impresses me. I would very much like to expand my Coal Country.

Cheers, Mac...

:D Which is the direction I am considering if enough are interested. In that scenario I would provide a link for the non-Coal Country custom files. to my one drive (Would definitely need to make some room available)........................

At the end of the day you're still sharing a payware asset, something I'd not like to see considering the years of work I'd put into it. It's great that you've posted up your personal modifications and inspired others to change things with their copy but there is no permission to share it at this stage.

At the end of the day you're still sharing a payware asset, something I'd not like to see considering the years of work I'd put into it. It's great that you've posted up your personal modifications and inspired others to change things with their copy but there is no permission to share it at this stage.

It would be to only others that actually own the route.

It's not just about payware. There are probably some freeware assets in there that have been reskinned, which is OK for Railhead's private use, but not for distribution to anyone else, regardless of whether they own the route or not.

Back