How to get trains to go through buffers

So I went to create a new route in Trainz 2019 and for entertainment reasons I wanted a train in the route to go through a set of buffers at the end of the route. I've seen people accomplish it on Youtube so I know its possible. Can anyone tell me how to make a train go through a set of buffers?

Look for "dummy buffers", for instance <kuid2:122285:3281:1> AJS Dummy Buffers. These are not signals, as most buffers are, and so will not stop trains. Put invisiblr track after them.

Ingha

I set an invisible piece of track right on top of normal track. Make sure it is free not connected (use shift when positioning). Set a regular bumper on this invisible track. Now your normal track has no bumper but you can see the one on the invisible that has no effect on running trains. The real track, can continue pass the visible bumper and you can make it invisible or not. Maybe a long way around the problem, but I had trouble finding non acting bumpers. I did this long time ago for another reason, not just for looks.

Scenery buffers

<kuid2:78925:112:2> lit TTTE Buffer
<kuid:68213:28040> Buffer NZR 01 scenery
<kuid:121794:10149> Arrow Bufferstop

The alternative is to take the kind you are using, clone it, and turn the clone into a scenery item by editing the config.txt file accordingly.

You can place these, or the one you created, on the tracks as you would any scenery item. The difference is these are just scenery items like a tree is.

Place a piece of invisible track on the end of the track past your buffer to have the train push through the buffers as you want.

If you type "dummy buffer" into the download station there are a number by author itareus. I am sorry the AJS one is not there. It must have been taken down after Andy Smith passed away. The suggestion above by JCitron is also a good solution.

ingha

Edit: Strangely, if you go to the download website, https://www.auran.com/DLS/index.php, and typr "dummy buffer" into categories "all" the AJS dummy buffers are still there to download.

Last edited:
In real life it looks like this.
This just happened today. World breaking news!

Type in Google: "Dutch train through buffer"

<kuid2:122285:3281:1> is in fact there on the DLS. Did you open content manager and search, because it popped up immediately for me.

Back