Almost Total Loss of Trees - all routes

boleyd

This morning all routes I have been working on showed large amounts of orange. Missing trees. I use only M: Ultra trees. They are the only trees I have seen that match the foliage in Northeast USA. After short rebuilds and an extensive rebuilds no help. I tried fixing the database entries manually but, despite long processing waits, no luck. All that happened is the status changed. Faulty is where I ended up for all Ultra trees. I noticed that mouse over orange markers showed the asset name. First I noticed that. But, no way to do a Bulk Replace since the original target tree was faulty and you cannot specify replacing faulty items. The only process I can think of is to create a new board. Then on that board create some various size and shape forests. Then copy/paste them onto the hills & mountains. Trees in populated areas are a tree-by-tree operation. Very unpleasant alternatives, especially with trees that do not look like those outside where I live. Oh well, I, and others, may not need a hobby for awhile in the USA. Looks like from November to late January it may be a rough ride. Just getting food could be an issue. I should get one of them-there shooting games for practice.

Are these trees DLC?

Payware?

Are they built-in?

Open for edit?

I have no problem here with any trees.

If you've recently updated any DLC packages, ensure you update all parts and download all parts.

What is the fault message on the ultra trees? It may be that mass die-out of forests is due to global warming of your layout. Try shutting down any coal industries and building some carbon capture facilities.

These trees (ULTRA Treez) have been around for several years. During that time they have been on the database(free). Not builtin and not payware.
The problem is worse for me because I have them in almost all the routes I use. If I try a non-payware route the first thing I do is install these trees as replacements. Because they are no longer on the database I can't go a bulk replace. During the morning they were on the database in several statuses. I could try some strategies. But during the day they went through other statuses and are now gone from the database. The changes appear to have begun at 11:30 last night.

Dinorius_Redundicus -
It may be that mass die-out of forests is due to global warming of your layout. Try shutting down any coal industries and building some carbon capture facilities.
Luvvit! :hehe:

It also shows the perils of monoculture. Mixed forests are much healthier and do not present the ugly scenes described above following clear-felling.

boleyd - On a more serious note: Did this occur after you patched recently? What Build number are you now on?
All of my built-in, Payware and Freeware versions of the ULTRA Treez are still available and visible in my SP2 beta build 109641.
If you are the only one experiencing this, then you must have changed something in your settings or UserDatabase recently.

Last edited:
I mix my forests for that reason. I don't want bare hills due to gypsy moths and bark borers which have done a lot of damage in my area over the years!

Back to Trainz, I'm running 109641 and have no issues with my trees disappearing amd I use those trees among many others.

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel if others can see these trees.
109641 is my build. Based upon some of the responses my problem may be local
and not N3V cleaning the database of older items.

I'm pretty certain ULTRATREEZ does not work in TRS19 due to the fact that they use an older version of the speedtree library.

It is true that the Speedtree Library was an issue that caused the author to stop providing updates, etc.
However, the trees in the Content Manager previously worked with absolutely no issues in the latest build for Trainz Plus 109641.

I have 105100 and it shows the set of Ultra trees ok. Frankly I would prefer to use that build and the plain Platinum Series than the Plus. However, because I am shown as a Plus "member" I am not sure if I will be permitted to ever update 105100.

I now believe I may have a faulty 109641 since 105100 works and 109641 also used to work (Ultra Trees).

My N3V account shows 105100 as the latest plain Platinum build. Is that true?

It is true that the Speedtree Library was an issue that caused the author to stop providing updates, etc.
However, the trees in the Content Manager previously worked with absolutely no issues in the latest build for Trainz Plus 109641.

I have 105100 and it shows the set of Ultra trees ok. Frankly I would prefer to use that build and the plain Platinum Series than the Plus. However, because I am shown as a Plus "member" I am not sure if I will be permitted to ever update 105100.

I now believe I may have a faulty 109641 since 105100 works and 109641 also used to work (Ultra Trees).

My N3V account shows 105100 as the latest plain Platinum build. Is that true?

Platinum and non Plus TRS19 are the same build, there is a beta for that ongoing https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?161111-TRS19-SP2-and-TRS19-PE-SP2-Beta which will patch from 105100 to beta 109037

Edit:

Just had a thought, check the speedtree Library <kuid:401543:1077> SpeedTree Library isn't open for edit or modified, that could be the cause of your missing trees, if either revert to original.

Last edited:
Speed Tree Library was open and ok.

Moving to 105100 has allowed me to load the Ultra McGUIREL trees. I have full forests. There are about 20 missing assets of no particular type at the beginning of the asset list in Content manger. Right now there are no other missing assets shown in the Content Manager.

I plan to stay with 105100. I may have to buy another Platinum if N3V prevents me from updating based upon myPLUS registration.

I will follow suggestions and see if I can reduce my dependency on Ultra trees. May have to go to weekly meetings.:D

I believe the original problem caused by a faulty Plus program. If I can stay with 105100 I will not need that and can let it lapse next year.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions:Y:!!

Back