Concerned German Physicians - Trend's Journal - October 27th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think this thread is a good idea...

We in germany are getting oppressed and our economy destroyed as well, while apparently (and reading our ridiculus rules) the virus can decide if we travel privately or for work + our politicians are seen not wearing masks while we have to - but its not really the place to discuss this here, isnt it?

I'm happy going on these forums to relax and post or view trainz stuff, not having to see even more online wars about it. Sick enough having to see it all around me every day

I don't really think this thread is a good idea...

You have my vote on that too. There are plenty of other websites/forums/social media sites where politics and the pandemic can be discussed so there's no need to bring it here on the Trainz forum.

My feeling is this thread is not a good idea. I agree with Tony that statistics are open to misinterpretation and my personal feeling is the impact of Covid19 can be understated.

Cheerio John

1) it was a good idea to give a different perspective

2) it always turns to politics because of how different countries handle it and that is not my intention. Again I'll point out leaders who are doing stupid things but that doesn't make it political. But I'll refrain and have not mentioned any particular leaders or parties in these posts. Yet I've been accused here of being a right wing nut, a conspiracy nutter (all against the rules). I reached 1 person, at least that is better than saying nothing. People need to learn to ignore.

BTW 2nd post in this was by a person who said the following:
" You just can't et this alone can you? What wrong with you! Can't you find some other forum to post this stuff ? this is a TRAINS forum, not a ruddy medical journal.". I reached out to him privately and asked what his issue is? He never replied but can throw stones while trying to entice an angry mob. I'll let that speak for his character.

Again talking about Cookies, Meat Pies, has nothing to do with Trainz either. But because this goes against people's beliefs it's somehow offensive. Covid is being treated like a religion and not a scientific process. There are plenty of scientists and doctors out there, but they to are silenced pretty quickly.

He then goes on to throw more stones about "nutters" etc. because his arguments are shout at the persons who may feel it's against their world view.

As for the apples to oranges, definitely has a point. However this is what educated professionals in Europe where saying. What isn't in the stats is how suicide is up on a grand scale and it's becoming exponential. While the chart on worldwide deaths is linear not exponential. Many places are in partial or full lockdowns and in places like NY they have some of the worse rates. Again Sweden and yes even islands like Australia and New Zealand regardless of what leaders have done is already isolated.

As noted Fauci who everyone trusts for some reason said it was not appropriate to wear masks when this was 2 months in I believe. The point was that masks are to stop viral loads connected with bacteria often found with people who are sick. I forget the number of microns Covid is or can be but it's like putting a chain link fence around a hose of liquid directed towards it. the viral load may go down but chances are the person trying to expel and fight it (who wears it for too long) winds up inhaling it and CO2 in the process. Masks are for dentists, doctors, etc. to keep away bacteria in close contact such as dentistry, and examinations. It is not designed to stop disease from spreading and it says so on any box.

Anyways haters will be haters. I appreciate some of the more civil comments.

Thanks

Sean

BTW after rereading so many reactions, again lots of people expressing if it's a good idea for or against. I post plenty of topics here and check all the time not for the latest Covid information but for Trainz. I also don't come here for Meat Pies, but alas I don't have to read every thread. Why people who are against this can't just ignore is beyond me.

I tend to try and avoid YouTube conversations and I don't belong to political forums because I don't have a donkey or an elephant to ride in with my flag. Politics is nothing but a show to distract people from real issues. No matter how the stats, charts, etc. are spinned mark my words the worse is yet to come. Covid21 will be the next one.

I'll try and leave this one alone, possibly reading along and seeing what people think, but it's more about informing a great community and not trying to get people to turn into enemies of each other.

Take care

Sean

>As noted Fauci who everyone trusts for some reason said it was not appropriate to wear masks when this was 2 months in I believe. The point was that masks are to stop viral loads connected with bacteria often found with people who are sick. I forget the number of microns Covid is or can be but it's like putting a chain link fence around a hose of liquid directed towards it. the viral load may go down but chances are the person trying to expel and fight it (who wears it for too long) winds up inhaling it and CO2 in the process. Masks are for dentists, doctors, etc. to keep away bacteria in close contact such as dentistry, and examinations. It is not designed to stop disease from spreading and it says so on any box.

I recommend you take a course in nursing. After that you might understand a little more about the issues including how much people and those nursing them suffer from COVID19. When there was a shortage of N95 masks then in order to preserve what stocks were available for front line staff the recommendation was they weren't necessary. As we learnt more about the subject then we found they do play a role in stopping the disease from spreading and as more N95 masks became available so the recommendation changed.

Luv Karen

Politics and statistics are two very different subjects.

closing this thread now as there is only a downside to leaving it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back