TRS19 109641 RC AI driver problem

samplaire

Hi,
I first faced it in the beta with assertions, the most previous one before the title RC. Difficult to explain.

It occurs on most maps, on some maps to all trains, on some maps only to selection of trains. 100% when you place a new train in surveyor, save, go to driver; sometimes when you start a train which was on the map for a long time (I mean placed several months ago), ONLY when AI driver chosen. When you select the 'PIKO' style of train driving everything is ok. Only when you choose DRIVE command from the contextual menu you face the problem. The movie: first, passenger train is on the map for ages. So when I start it with DRIVE command, it just goes with no problem. The second freight train is placed some minutes ago. When you start it with the knob, it goes ok. When you choose DRIVE the 10s lag time starts. You only hear the engine rise (when you have a diesel or steam loco you see the smoke NORMALY animated, with no lags!) and the game is just not responsive (coursor moves but you can do nothing with it)

Just have a look at the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyhPTP9xCaw&feature=youtu.be

Drive command needs a route to drive on, it won't change levers as it has no paths. Drive command needs the junctions set correct ahead of the train.

Hm... Have you read my post? Have you seen the movie? Your answer seems to be to a different question.

To be precise. The situation was normal some weeks ago. The trainz were moving as expected. It seems the beta did something to the routes or I installed something which does the abnormal function. The game freezes so where fo you see a connection between ‚drive’ and freeze? I use ‚drive’ for years like that succesfuly.

Last edited:
Hm... Have you read my post? Have you seen the movie? Your answer seems to be to a different question.

To be precise. The situation was normal some weeks ago. The trainz were moving as expected. It seems the beta did something to the routes or I installed something which does the abnormal function. The game freezes so where fo you see a connection between ‚drive’ and freeze? I use ‚drive’ for years like that succesfuly.

I've had no issues with my driver sessions other than self-inflicted ones. One issue, and this is ongoing with the UDS, is you can get your drivers out of sync and end up all in the wrong starting position if you fix something in the session while driving and save. I have also ended up with somethings saved to the session and not the route because I chose the wrong option. Which one to choose when? I don't know and it's hard to tell.

There is a new reset-driver schedules option available in the Session editor. You need to go back to Surveyor to do that. Be careful when doing this, however, because your schedules go back to the beginning, but the drivers do not.

Hi,
... When you start it with the knob, it goes ok. When you choose DRIVE the 10s lag time starts. You only hear the engine rise (when you have a diesel or steam loco you see the smoke NORMALY animated, with no lags!) and the game is just not responsive (coursor moves but you can do nothing with it)

For some time I have something like that in the betas of Trainz Plus: With most Polish diesel and electric locomotives something is happening as it is described above by samplaire. All other consists are ok, but if you couple AI with the mentioned locomotives from Poland, the above mentioned behave will occur. The game is very sluggish and you have to wait for minutes for manipulating the GUI for leaving the session. N3V didn't found something faulty with the locomotive I refered as an example to them.

Regards
Swordfish

Drive schedule will allow the train to alter points, Drive will not. From your last movie, I would say the points are against the loco from entering the mainline. The knob control will allow you to go over incorrect set points or through red signals.

But then again, this has nothing to the stutter/freeze effect/issue, hasn't it?

PS
The 'drive' command will set a junction/semaphore when the train is approaching one. This is and this was in all versions of Trainz. And again as I said, some locos work ok, only a selection of locos has the issue which wasn't present prior to the latest betas.

Wow - that is a stutter and a half!

Given our tests here cannot repro that issue, I assume the problem is related to either the loco or the route (track/signals/junctions), or possibly a combo of the two.

Try these tests:

1. Use a few different locos from different creators from the builtin content set.
2. Break your track 100m ahead and 100m behind the loco so it is running on a short track segment
3. Place a trackmark 50m ahead of the loco and use "Drive to Trackmark" instead of drive.

Report how each of these tests perform.

If any of them solve the issue we've narrowed things down and from there we can work out what to do next.

Hi Tony, thank you for your input!

I did yet more simple thing.

For the test I've installed a fresh 105100 version of TRS19 and installed ONLY the SM03 loco (the small green diesel from my yesterday test) and its not built-in TRS19 dependencies. I created a new map, placed the TANE Trk Oak and placed the loco. Knob drivbe - ok; 'Drive' drive - ok.

I've updated the TRS19 105100 to 109641. Created a map with the same track, placed the loco: knob drive - ok; 'Drive' drive - stutters; I've also added a ttrack mark and gave 'Drive to trackmark' and got the same stutters. So NO WONDER there is something wrong with the Beta. All the problematic locos were working OK in all previous versions of TRS19.

If you want I can send you the SM03 loco and its non builtin dependencies and another Polish loco which works OK in 109641 (there is a small number which work ok in the beta).

For my part, I can confirm the problems with driving the AI. For example, I set up a Polish Pendolino and gave the command "Go to trackmark". And in fact, you could hear the noise of the engine growing, the train jerked and everything stopped. I waited a few minutes, the speed indicator showed 5 km / h and the train just stood still. Finally, I reset the game because there was no point in waiting any longer.

If you want I can send you the SM03 loco and its non builtin dependencies and another Polish loco which works OK in 109641 (there is a small number which work ok in the beta).
>>
please do.

Those previous comments were for version 109037. Today I checked on version 109641 and there is an improvement. The Pendolino train as well as other Polish locomotives run without any problems both on the "Drive" and "Drive to trackmark" commands.

The stutters like this sound script related. At the Launcher, choose show logs. If you don't have that option, go to Settings, dev, and check the advanced debugging tools option.

With the log running, preferably on a second monitor, start up your session with your suspect locomotives. In the log, you will see stack-dump and restart messages for the scripts. These halts and restarts are your big pauses.

The log will scroll by, but you can click the slider on the side and stop that as you scroll up. You can also search for errors or messages as well, as well as highlight, copy, and paste the text into another document. Saving the log output has been requested whenever we get that option would be a real plus in situations like this.

Unfortunately, my earlier observations that everything was working properly were premature. Today I tested running on many trains again and it turned out that some of them run correctly and some do not. I have no idea what it depends on because on the same map yesterday, for example, Pendolino went from marker to marker and today blocked the game completely. The old Polish loco type EU, ET work well and the new ones, such as EN92, EN76 or EN62, also block. And yet in version 105096 everything worked flawlessly!
If anything helped, I paste the log after running Pendolino's "Drive to trackmark".

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y84d6d7zcmkmgh4/log_TRS.txt/file

Last edited:
Drive command needs a route to drive on, it won't change levers as it has no paths. Drive command needs the junctions set correct ahead of the train.

Drive command does not need junction set correctly to function......A train will stop and the junction will switch as long as it is clear ahead to the next block but I do believe you need a signal whether visible or invisible for this to work.

Last edited:
Back