TRS19 SP2 and TRS19 PE SP2 Beta

One more thing I noticed but would need verification:
I use Display Custom HUD in my session with "Variable Show" for 3 variables. It works great but once in a while suddenly the custom hud is messed up (at wrong position, incomplete, doubled shown). I just realized that the label in "Variable Show" gets deleted for some reason (("Add variable 'score' to the custom HUD with label none."). I have no idea why that happens occasionally but I'll keep an eye on it. My work around is to just recreate the HUD related entries in session. Anyone else noticed that behavior?
Lockheed

One more thing I noticed but would need verification:
I use Display Custom HUD in my session with "Variable Show" for 3 variables. It works great but once in a while suddenly the custom hud is messed up (at wrong position, incomplete, doubled shown). I just realized that the label in "Variable Show" gets deleted for some reason (("Add variable 'score' to the custom HUD with label none."). I have no idea why that happens occasionally but I'll keep an eye on it. My work around is to just recreate the HUD related entries in session. Anyone else noticed that behavior?
Lockheed

I have also had very similar issues while creating sessions in CM4.7 and I have raised a Ticket that the halpdesk have asked me to refer to the content creators team. I have done that and I am awaiting a reply.

To add my two penneth of issues.....

The main problem for me is that SendMessage and PostMessage seem to have an intermittent problem. They do not seem to send the msg.minor every time.
I have a very big auto route that worked perfectly in TRS19 SP1 but which fails in the beta version of SP2. I added some Print traces and discovered the culprit was SendMessage.
(Posting from a Library to a Buildable object)

This is what I should get…
; <NULL> : Interface.Print> 'OBJECT = ASB - VAL TRAIN = Levi TRIG = TVL3
; <NULL> : Interface.Print> 'ASB - VAL SHOULD BE SENDING MESSAGE BACK TO ASB ROUTE AS 8?SEN CITY R46 Subway car 45?B'
; <NULL> : router message from 15459 '' to 15639 'ASB - VAL', message ScRoute76656, 8?SEN CITY R46 Subway car 45?B

But about 50% of the time I get this….
; <NULL> : Interface.Print> 'OBJECT = ASB - VAL TRAIN = Levi TRIG = TVL3
<NULL> : Interface.Print> 'ASB - VAL SHOULD BE SENDING MESSAGE BACK TO ASB ROUTE AS 8?SEN CITY R46 Subway car 45?B'
; <NULL> : router message from 30149 '' to 30329 'ASB - VAL', message ScRoute76656,

As you can see the msg.minor part of the message is not being posted.

PostMessage does the same but maybe not as often.
; <NULL> : Interface.Print> 'TVL3 ASB - VAL SHOULD BE SENDING MESSAGE BACK TO ASB ROUTE AS 8?SEN CITY R46 Subway car 45?B'
; <NULL> : Posting message from 161636 '' to 161816 'ASB - VAL', message ScRoute76656, with delay 0.000000
; <NULL> : router message from 161636 '' to 161816 'ASB - VAL', message ScRoute76656,

I tried making a small route to test this but then it worked perfectly so it must be something related to a heavy workload.

Content Manager
Some other issues with Content Manager are that a faulty script will not always show as faulty, (this happened in SP1 too). But new in SP2 is that when the script is corrected, it still shows as faulty in CM even though it works.

Also when you ‘Open’ - Show in Explorer it does not fully open Explorer. Rather it opens it as a minimised window.

If any of these issues are new then I'd be happy to post a ticket. Is there a special link for SP2 bug reports?
The SendMessage will be tricky to re-produce though!

Boat

One more thing I just noticed: when switching from Chase Camera to Track Line View camera where none is configured, there is a massive frame rate drop. Like from Render 60 fps down to 22 fps. Not sure if that is only on my system. It returns back to normal fps once I return to train case cam.
Lockheed

I'm having issues with a lot of the cab controls in a cab I've been developing.

When you mouse over them some controls work and some don't depending on the position of the camera. I suppose it could be something I'm doing wrong. If so, any ideas? but there are no such issues in T:ANE or in TRS19 105096.

Brendan

Here are a few screenshots showing the controls that work (green dots) and don't work (red dots). Ignore the graphics as the cab currently uses legacy materials which don't look right in TRS19.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Move the camera and different controls now work.

Look up and all the yellow buttons on the DIC work.

Move the camera to here and none of them work.

Apart from the usual bug fixes, this update also includes a newly renovated PB15. Improvements include:
* Revamped Texturing
* Boiler blowdown pfx
* Customizable Signboards (Loco/Tender)
* ARN
* Updated Cabin with new texturing and cube map
* Compressing buffers (animated)
This looks interesting. It implies interiors (and other objects hopefully) can have their own cube maps. Is this correct, or has it always been a thing, and if so how can we create and use them?

Brendan

I have also had very similar issues while creating sessions in CM4.7 and I have raised a Ticket that the halpdesk have asked me to refer to the content creators team. I have done that and I am awaiting a reply.

Not sure if it helps but I noticed sometimes when you delete something from the session editor it not really gets deleted from a functionality point of view - just the entry in the session editor is gone. I just had a case where I deleted a few rules but the rule still triggers where it should not. pretty strange.
Also I had some cases when you cancel an entry in in session editor (eg, you add a message box pop up rule, add some text, confirm it, move it around but then cancel session rule editor. When you save the session at next run the custom hud variables are messed up.
It's too random to make any real logic of that at the moment :-/
Lockheed

Soon-ish. ;)

There is a new beta available. There are still a couple of known issues so it won't be final but getting very close!

Back