TRS19 SP2 and TRS19 PE SP2 Beta

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We have released a Service Pack 2 Beta update for TRS19 and TRS19 Platinum Edition users.

This update will enable multiplayer between the various versions. Steam Store users will get an update a little later to make their build compatible.

Note that your MyTrainz username and which items or memberships you have determines which game features and content are available.

One of the more noticeable changes is the default setting in Driver/Surveyor is now "Owned" rather than "Installed". This ensures new users don't wonder where all their purchased content is located. There are a couple of improvements to come to allow saving your default filter setting and highlighting the uninstalled items (currently denoted by the presence of the "Download" button rather than "View Sessions").

Of course you can switch to Installed, or just type in the first couple of letters of the route you are after to filter the list quickly to the items you want to access (or fitler in Content Manager and load the route or session from there).

Known Issue:
This build has a newly identified issue with loading a saved session with "Streaming" or "Maximise Performance" enabled (so this affects new saved sessions for any builtin routes). To avoid the issue, use Edit Session then Quickdrive or UDS and the session will load correctly.

New Content:
Apart from the usual bug fixes, this update also includes a newly renovated PB15. Improvements include:
* Revamped Texturing
* Boiler blowdown pfx
* Customizable Signboards (Loco/Tender)
* ARN
* Updated Cabin with new texturing and cube map
* Compressing buffers (animated)

Changelist:
coming soon...

To update, select the appropriate patch stream in your launcher > Install tab > Change update stream.

Select your patch stream:

TRS19 Users patch using "TRS19 Beta" stream

TRS19 Platinum Edition Users patch using "TRS19 Platinum Beta" stream

Patches available are:

TRS19 SP2 Beta 109037 to TRS19 SP2 RC 109641

TRS19 PE SP2 Beta 109037 to TRS19 PE SP2 RC 109641

TRS19 SP2 Beta 109162 to TRS19 SP2 RC 109646

TRS19 PE SP2 Beta 109162 to TRS19 PE SP2 RC 109646

Also:
TRS19 users on 105096 (PC) and 105170 (Mac) can patch to 109037 (PC) or 109162 (Mac)
TRS19 PE users on 105100 (PC) and 105113 (Mac) can patch to 109037 (PC) or 109162 (Mac)

2020-10-30_100558a.png

Last edited:
This patch installed quickly and without issues. DB repair took all of 100 seconds.
Initial impression is that it has fixed a major issue I found with the previous SP2 beta - which trashed any new sessions I created using the built-in Kickstarter County 2 route which I often use for testing purposes.
On start-up, multiple interdependent AI consists would end up derailed and concatenated in a single spot on the map making the session unplayable.
The workaround was to use the UDS switch to driver mode toggle from within the Surveyor, Edit Session state.
When run, the sessions so created worked both CPU and GPU unexpectedly hard.
New version allows you to run such sessions from the Drive Session menu after selecting the session and CPU and GPU utilization is back to normal. Sessions run smoothly and without fuss.
Well done team - and thanks to the QA team who alerted me to the workaround and thus helped me to avoid resorting to total rebuilds of those AI sessions.

Last edited:
I've also noticed efficient performance as well during my testing this afternoon and this evening. If things continue like this, we've got a keeper!

Hello Tony,

I'm still experiencing the 'unable to link to the enhanced tower library error'. Any feedback? All went well in 105...

Thanks Frank Trs17985.

What's this? It popped up all of sudden during a quick drive session:

xOo1W.jpg

Last edited:
How far off is SP2?
>>
Not far. There are a few open tasks to resolved in this build, and if nothing else is reported, then we'll prepare the official release.

I'm still experiencing the 'unable to link to the enhanced tower library error'. Any feedback? All went well in 105...
>>
Have you reported a bug using this form?
Trainz Bug Report. Ensure you include a simple test case to reproduce the issue.
The item is a 3rd party asset so pguy may be able to assist.

Senior Hostler
>>
It means you have done a whole lot of coupling! Congratulations.

Murchison 2 - Hi detail appearing in TRS19 SP2?

Was surprised and rather pleased to see 'Murchison 2 - Hi detail' by SirGibby appear on my Routes list in this new SP2 beta build of Platinum Edition 109641.
Clicking on the Thumbnail image did indeed bring up a TRS19-style route snapshot plus the usual 3 thumbnails leading to further anticipatory excitement.
Sadly, there are no sessions available and no obvious way of bringing up the route (which I own from TRS12 vintage times).
This leads me to speculate that moves are afoot, however, for a possible holiday period release of SirGibby's long-awaited remake of Murchison 2 for T:ANE.
Anyone else seeing this in their routes list?
Early Easter Egg?
No - it's not April 1st either!
PC - Speculator In Chief

Last edited:
Still no option for "unpause" Surveyor. Support informs me, that they "know about this issue" and "works on solution". Of course they give me fast and simple solution - "pay every month for Plus". Is that hard to add one checkbox in regular version?

I've also noticed efficient performance as well during my testing this afternoon and this evening. If things continue like this, we've got a keeper!

I quite agree, since in my case, I am on my old dell laptop and have to use proper settings to get the best out of trainz 2019.

Was surprised and rather pleased to see 'Murchison 2 - Hi detail' by SirGibby appear on my Routes list in this new SP2 beta build of Platinum Edition 109641.
Clicking on the Thumbnail image did indeed bring up a TRS19-style route snapshot plus the usual 3 thumbnails leading to further anticipatory excitement.
Sadly, there are no sessions available and no obvious way of bringing up the route (which I own from TRS12 vintage times).
This leads me to speculate that moves are afoot, however, for a possible holiday period release of SirGibby's long-awaited remake of Murchison 2 for T:ANE.
Anyone else seeing this in their routes list?
Early Easter Egg?
No - it's not April 1st either!
PC - Speculator In Chief

It has happened to me as well as Cabon City.
It can't be downloaded in TRS19 sadly, but is just showing that you own the DLC.
Personally I liked it when it was set to 'installed' instead of 'owned' as now I always have to switch back to install mode, and Trainz keeps reverting back to owned mode when launching, which is getting annoying.

Cheers

Return of the collapsed bridge (the first found by now but I guess I'll find others...). Hopeless! No issue in 106618.

QE8w3.jpg

Last edited:
2 things I noticed while working on my session but would be nice if anyone could confirm:

1. when you have multiple Message windows for plenty of text and you use the little arrow to switch back to previous one, it often jumps to next. I tried to make any sense of the order but sometimes messages skip or go forward rather than back.

2. when fulfilling an objective the little scratchpad remains on screen empty. Is that intended?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/628298440673198100/772217519603449886/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/628298440673198100/772217569616330762/unknown.png

You can click on it but it only slides to the sides. In my case I had 2 objectives active that were fulfilled.
Lockheed

HPL - thanks for the info. Could you please provide route Kuids and map locations for these issues.
Most likely there is one fix to resolve this issue everywhere, but knowing the exact locations will assist us in testing.

Same here to with more bugs in beta build 109641
Route: <kuid:471011:100007> timberline trainz shops / 2wayne.com multiplayer route
Kuids: <kuid:334896:1918> MS Tunnel 16w, <kuid:334896:1915> MS Tunnel 15e & <kuid:334896:1904> MS Tunnel 5
hQaaJrb.jpg
CigulAd.jpg
mQXLniS.jpg

Back