Content Store and update woes

Paul_Bert

Train Enthusiast
I have just had a nerve racking experience with the content store and its updates. Fortunately I have a complete backup of all my stuff so correcting the update mess only cost me about 30 minutes in restoring my backup.

So here is what happened. I have purchase a number of items from the content store. Yesterday I clicked on the "Updates" icon in the upper right corner and noticed that there was an update for one of my routes. So I preceded to update the route. When I opened the content manager I was immediately presented with the fact that over 30 of my routes now had missing assets - over 100 in total.

I didn't spend any time trying to sort through this mess. I simply loaded my backup that I had made two days earlier and everything was fine again. Lesson learned, never ever use the update function from the content store.

How can updating one route from the content store affect so much of the routes and content I had??

I just had this occur as well before I read your post! GRRR.

The problem seems to be related to the update to one of Roy's routes.

Like you I have backups and I can recover from this.

Update here:

I noticed there were a couple of other updates also from Roy and for kicks I installed those. After that, all my missing dependencies disappeared. I'm glad I did that rather than slog through a 5 hour hard disk copy process.

The route I was updating was Sabino Lake, Italy. The only thing I can figure is that it is using some assets that are not up to date. This will create the problem of missing dependencies in any route which uses the most recent version.

At any rate just another reason to keep current backups. It makes recovery so much easier.

Back