Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Release Candidate 109646 (Mac) and 109641 (PC)

Default Trainz Plus Release Candidate 109646 (Mac) and 109641 (PC)

We've arrived at our final stage before official release of the latest Trainz Plus update. PC is one slightly larger patch (640MB) and one small patch. Mac is in three steps.

This is a non-assertions build so subject to your feedback may well become the official update version.

Known Issue:
    This build has a newly identified issue with loading a saved session with "Streaming" or "Maximise Performance" enabled (so this affects new saved sessions for any builtin routes). To avoid the issue, use Edit Session then Quickdrive or UDS and the session will load correctly. The next update will have this resolved.

Apart from the usual bug fixes, this update includes a newly renovated PB15. Improvements include:
    * Revamped Texturing
    * Boiler blowdown pfx
    * Customizable Signboards (Loco/Tender)
    * ARN
    * Updated Cabin with new texturing and cube map
    * Compressing buffers (animated)

Happy testing!
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; October 30th, 2020 at 02:21 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Rough start, yesterdays session would not start. Reloaded, tried with new session and that worked. So a longer session now running through multiple stops and no issues!!
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.2ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 3gb video card. 105100

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I just updated and ran my DBR. I'll check it out and let you know what I find.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

OK so far having been running a session in it for an hour.
    Malc

Why routes I have disabled now appear in route list? Found the answer: the filter must be set on "Installed" (why? They are disabled, not uninstalled). Great! Except that this setting is lost each time the route menu opens! Who had such a brilliant idea?
    Last edited by HPL; October 29th, 2020 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Why routes I have disabled now appear in route list? Found the answer: the filter must be set on "Installed" (why? They are disabled, not uninstalled). Great! Except that this setting is lost each time the route menu opens! Who had such a brilliant idea?
    I agree
    All I want to see are my own Routes .I set it to My Content then every time I start the menu defaults to Owned and has to be changed back
    Why can't the settings you choose remain ?
    CFI A1120 Pharaoh Evo
    Intel Core I7 8700k
    Win10 64bit
    ASRock Fatility Z370 Gaming K6
    Nvidia GTX 1080ti 32gb 3200

Blog Entries

Bulk Asset Update/Replace Tool no longer allows you to move track objects (e.g. speed signs) between layers. I just placed a number of track speed signs in the wrong layer. When I attempted to correct the error and move them to the route layer the option to do that did not appear. Is this change intentional or an oversight? It still works for normal scenery assets.

Meanwhile back to the old method of moving each one individually via its property window.
    TRS19 Platinum Edition SP2 (RC) 109641

Nearly all seems ok!

Did find on the QR PB15 Loco that the 'Yarraman' signboard cannot be selected (I Just happen to currently live/work in Yarraman).
    Also the signboard "Perrie"??? Should this correctly read 'Petrie'???

Shucks, feel like a rivet counter now!
    butler57

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    Bulk Asset Update/Replace Tool no longer allows you to move track objects (e.g. speed signs) between layers. I just placed a number of track speed signs in the wrong layer. When I attempted to correct the error and move them to the route layer the option to do that did not appear. Is this change intentional or an oversight? It still works for normal scenery assets.

Meanwhile back to the old method of moving each one individually via its property window.
    In the previous beta, there was a message of some sort that said you can't move track because track-objects are attached, or something close to that message. Is this related except without the notification?
    John

My driving experience on my complex Gloucester Route seems to be okay and my time in Surveyor has been good so far. The performance is quite spiffy compared to the previous one and without the constant mini-stutters that were annoying.
    John

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    In the previous beta, there was a message of some sort that said you can't move track because track-objects are attached, or something close to that message. Is this related except without the notification?
    Moving track objects to a layer that was higher up the layer list than the layer containing the track always generated an error message but in my case I always put all track in the top-most route layer, the "route-layer", so that is never a problem. In the previous beta I am certain I was able to move speed signs from a lower layer, where I had accidentally placed them, up into the track layer (the route-layer), as I have done in all previous versions. In this release the option to do that no longer appears.
    TRS19 Platinum Edition SP2 (RC) 109641

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post

I'm pretty sure it has always been limited to scenery objects. The text says "scenery objects" and checking in 105100 while the option appeared to be possible, it didn't move any track or track objects (as they aren't scenery objects). So it has been this way for a year or more, or possibly for ever.

butler57 - thanks for the heads up.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by butler57 View Post
    Nearly all seems ok!

Did find on the QR PB15 Loco that the 'Yarraman' signboard cannot be selected (I Just happen to currently live/work in Yarraman).
    Also the signboard "Perrie"??? Should this correctly read 'Petrie'???

Shucks, feel like a rivet counter now!
    Butler57,

Thanks for reporting the bug. I've fixed the error so Yarraman, and two other station boards appear. The text for Petrie should also be correct now. My apologies!

Kind regards,
    GDennish

The ContentManager (and the game ?) seems to have a problem with the obsolete-table in a config.txt. When trying to list all versions of an asset, the kuids listed in the obsolete-table are not shown.
    Example: <kuid:-25:996> ALCo Hornsound
    Code:
    obsolete-table
    {
      0                                     <kuid:-1:42003103>
      1                                     <kuid:-25:222>
    }
    Listing all version only shows <kuid:-25:996>.

Some other assets don't list all assets, obsoleted by them, in the obsolete table.
    Example: <kuid:-25:1340> F7 Cabin TRS19 - LHD/KPH
    Code:
    obsolete-table
    {
      0                                     <kuid:-25:47>
      1                                     <kuid:-25:1166>
      2                                     <kuid:-25:1335>
    }
    Missing are the kuids obsoleted by the listed ones, like <kuid:-1:101211> f7interior kph lhd obsoleted by <kuid:-25:47> f7interior kph lhd.

Peter

Those are built-in as are the obsolete ones from earlier versions of trainz. They are not listed as they are not on the DLS or available anywhere. They are there in case you moved a route from an earlier version that used those kuids.