Messed Up Database Repair

boleyd

I started a standard database repair due to the all-to-often mess I see in the database in the morning. This morning the Author TUME was completely red due to missing elements. Some other specific author items were also red due to missing elements. Started a standard database repair and it locked up after some time. So I restarted Trainz and now it is in a strange repair scan. It has been on the 42000 range for an hour but it continues at about 45 seconds per item. I can only guess that this is a special item-by-item scan due to a corruption of the main map. Since I have no info on the "objective number of items" this could last for days.

Given the corruption I saw, which was by author, I am concerned that if I stop this scan I will be in total trouble. Once the database looses an index, and is a panic scan item-by-item, a stoppage could be a wipe-out.

Faced with some unknown "repair" process I killed the "repair" and the Launcher. Then I clicked on the shortcut for the Launcher to restart. Well, to my surprise, it opened to the last route I was working on. I can find no missing items on the route. It seems intact. The Launcher disappeared but I'll look at that later. Unless this thing crashes again I'll do an extended rebuild tonight. Right now I will try some saves and restarts to see if a fault is just lurking beneath the virtual covers.

Back