Car Horns??

geno1005

Is there any way to disable the constant honking of car horns in this program? I can go for a week and never hear a car horn in the real world and seems like if I populate the game with any sort of automotive traffic at all, there's a horn blowing every 10 seconds. And it's worse when anything is stopped at a grade crossing.

I realize that some of my big city friends may need/desire the horn sound to duplicate reality, but out here in the rest of the world, the sound of a horn blowing (outside of a car alarm) is pretty rare.

I would be perfectly fine to just delete the sound from the game entirely if that would be the only option..I .can't imagine that never hearing another horn blow would be a major change in my qualify of life inside the Trainz world.

These sounds seem to be tied to some assets that I would really rather not do without but have come to hate the sound of a horn blowing! 8:)

Thanks in advance!

There are some regions that have no horns to that extent. Try the built-in US region, or whatever it's called - I can't remember because I'm running a DBR at the moment. The one I do remember with the horn-blowing is Right-hand driving - DES, or something like that. Others aren't as bad.

Someone also made a silent car horn sound to silence the horns, but I can't remember who or what the asset is called.

The solution is here, from clam1952 earlier this year:

'The annoying honking is in a base asset <kuid:570470:100003> Sounds

Open for edit and they are in here .......... \editing\kuid 570470 100003 Sounds\sounds\cars

4 wav files suggest either replace with null sounds or edit in Audacity to reduce the volume.'

Last edited:
The solution is here, from clam1952 earlier this year:

'The annoying honking is in a base asset <kuid:570470:100003> Sounds

Open for edit and they are in here .......... \editing\kuid 570470 100003 Sounds\sounds\cars

4 wav files suggest either replace with null sounds or edit in Audacity to reduce the volume.'

Thankyou ingha for that. I couldn't remember the solution! :)

I believe Dave Snow has a thread or post that directs you to his solution which is based on post #3. I'll see if I can find it it post it here.

Found it. Tried coping the link but it didn't work. Look under davesnow - "Extremely Irritating Honking Noise" - post #9. Good Luck.

Back