Is there a stop and load at each station rule?

pagroove

Hi all.

I am searching for a stop and load at each station rule.

Sometimes you want to test your route with AI. Now I am in the situation that not all stations are named yet as I am making a fantasy route (Icarus Shinkansen V2 as in the Japan Screenshots forum).

What would be very handy (even if the stations are named) is a rule that makes a local train stop and load at each station if it detects a station. Is there such a rule. I've search the DLS quite a bit but could not find anything.

Such a rule would also make running big scenarios with lots of trains easier because you then do not have to program the schedule or route at each station so much.

The sequence of programming a trains could be>

Code:
> spawn at portal, stop at each station for 2 minutes, drive to end portal (for example)

It would be even a greater rule as you could specify stop time and open and close doors in one. and specify a possible end station so that partial stop trains can be programmed.

spawn at portal, stop at each station for 2 minutes until station reached (enter name here), drive to test station > drive to portal

What do you think If it doesn't exist is it possible to script?

I am searching for a stop and load at each station rule.

I have never come across such a rule or driver command. Each separate station/industry has to have its own "Drive to" or "Navigate To" command. One issue that I can think of is what would happen if the track diverges with stations/industries on both branches? Which path does the AI take?

What do you think If it doesn't exist is it possible to script?

Unless you listed every station/industry in the rule/command that the train was to stop at, then the problem of diverging paths would be an issue.

Two places you could look are:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Session_Rules_By_Categories_With_Properties, and

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Driver_Commands_List

I figured out a work around for AI Navigate to station, then unload and then load. It drops people off with unload and adds then back on with load. It is actuality is not just unload and adds. The ones leaving face is straight just straight people getting they see inside & train.

RJ Artim "Bob"

Last edited:
I had that problem. I figured out a work around for AI anyway, Navigate to station, then unload and then load. It drops people off with unload and adds then back on with load.

Yes I use the navigate to station rule all the time. What I mean is a rule you can setup at the beginning of a drivers' route that lets the ai automatically detect that it enters a station track if it is setup as an industry. And the stops automatically without intervention of the user. So that you can use unnamed stations.

All you need is to set it up once in the schedule library and then use the copy schedule command for each train.
Use <kuid2:192081:5:2> Load Passengers to open doors and wait set times.
All stations have a name even if it is the default one it is given.

Yes I use the navigate to station rule all the time. What I mean is a rule you can setup at the beginning of a drivers' route that lets the ai automatically detect that it enters a station track if it is setup as an industry. And the stops automatically without intervention of the user. So that you can use unnamed stations.

It could be set up similar to the STW drive rule where the train just obeys signals and follows which ever route is set stopping at any industry setup stations on long the route .

Even better if it could be set up to work using track station stop markers so that the rule see's the marker and stops the train at it , releases the train so that it activates the station industry function to open doors then when that's complete take charge of the train and send it on its way following the route and signals and not altering points . You could even go further and have different coloured markers and matching rules so that shorter trains stop in the centre of the platform at say a red marker , long ones at the far end at a blue marker , That way local trains could stop at all the stations that have red markers , but the fast limited stop trains using a blue rule would ignore the red marker passing straight through and only stop at the blue marker at the main stations .

All you need is to set it up once in the schedule library and then use the copy schedule command for each train.
Use <kuid2:192081:5:2> Load Passengers to open doors and wait set times.
All stations have a name even if it is the default one it is given.

Yes that would work. Will look at it.

It could be set up similar to the STW drive rule where the train just obeys signals and follows which ever route is set stopping at any industry setup stations on long the route .

Even better if it could be set up to work using track station stop markers so that the rule see's the marker and stops the train at it , releases the train so that it activates the station industry function to open doors then when that's complete take charge of the train and send it on its way following the route and signals and not altering points . You could even go further and have different coloured markers and matching rules so that shorter trains stop in the centre of the platform at say a red marker , long ones at the far end at a blue marker , That way local trains could stop at all the stations that have red markers , but the fast limited stop trains using a blue rule would ignore the red marker passing straight through and only stop at the blue marker at the main stations .

This is almost excactly what I mean. However that rule does not exist at the moment I asume.

Yes that would work. Will look at it.

Version 1 of Dearnby & District route/sessions has Copy Command AI instruction sets in a Schedule Library for various here-to-theres, including nested routines for opening & shutting doors, loading passengers and so forth. Have a look in the session rules for examples. You have to be very precise with how you specify and list the individual driver commands making up such a here-to-theres. It's easy to get a train going backwards or even sideways! :)

You can break a Trainz route into various Schedule Library sections of here-to-theres then add them together as a list of Copy Commands to make larger journeys in a driver's AI instruction set.

You can also make commonly-used routines such as the aforementioned station unloading/loading of passengers, operating a turntable or setting signals and points ahead to avoid wait-at-the-signals whilst they change from their defaults. All these Schedule Library routines can be permed via Copy Command to make a huge variety of routes for many different consists, without having to program each driver with every point on her journey.

You do end up with a rather large and populous Schedule Library of common routines. But these can be grouped and labelled with meaningful names to make them easy to find and refer to in your Copy Commands.

Then you can add another complication by putting loads of drivers & consists in Central Portal Control, with each having their Copy Command lists describing their prospective journeys......

Lataxe

PS With Copy Command, beware the difference between appending a command and inserting a command.

Hi

Have a look at the driver command "AutoDriveToMCPathStop", "kuid2:61392:8321:70" by author "pguy". You will need to add "MCPathStop" markers "kuid2:61392:8311:70" at each stopping point but it does have an option in the driver command to drive to next MCPathStop.

Regards

Brian

Back