Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trainz 2004 - 2006 Query

Question Trainz 2004 - 2006 Query

I know it's going back but can any one remember the little program Tafweb created to choose which version you wanted to install your CDP's in?
    I only have 2004 and 2006. My gaming computer decided to send the motherboard and graphics card to PC heaven. Henceforth a $&00 upgrade and I have to reinstall.
    Kind Regards
    Frank

Trainzobjectz?
    T:ANE SP4 (105946) & TRS2019 SP1 (105096).
    Win10, i7 5820K, 3.3GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti 6GB vram, 2x512GB SSD.

Hi Dinorius,
    I think I'm a bit on the redundicus side lately. I think it's called "cdpset". The original was called "TrainzHelper" I believe. I'll find out soon enough.
    Trainz Objectz is a brilliant program. It scans the simulator and tells you exactly what assets you have and also gives you the option of repairing faulty ones very quickly. You can also Archive all of your assets for reinstallation if your machine crashes as mine did.
    Thanks for trying to help.
    Frank

Would Shane Turner's Protocol Changer be what you are looking for?
    Win 10 X64 - i7-8700 16Gb Ram GTX 1060 3Gb
    TRS19 Platinum Build 105100
    T:ANE Build 105930 (SP4)
    TMR17 Build 85470

Hi RailPilgrim,
    No mate. It was definitely a Terry Franks program. I've never heard of the 'Protocol Changer'. Thanks all the same. I'm pretty sure I have it here amongst the 38 gigabytes of stuff I have stored. Just a matter of sorting through it.
    Thanks mate
    Frank

Frank,

Looking in my archives, I see 2 things that might be what you want (I can't tell if they were Terry Franks' utilities or not). They are both stored as setup.exe programs, so I'm not sure how to safely get them to you if you wanted them, but do either of these names ring any bells?

CDPset

CDPsave
    T:ANE SP4 (105946) & TRS2019 SP1 (105096).
    Win10, i7 5820K, 3.3GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti 6GB vram, 2x512GB SSD.

Hi again Dinorius,
    Yes they are both Terry Franks programs. I have them both in my archives as well thanks mate. Old Terry Franks (Tafweb) uploaded some pretty good stuff for 2004 and 2006.
    I don't know if he is still alive. He was pretty crook for a while there. His website is gone now.
    Thanks again.
    Kind Regards
    Frank

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

I think I remember what you are talking about but I don't have it I was already using TrainzObjectz to install stuff into TRS2004. It appears to still be available here.

https://trainz.luvr.net/projects-view.php?pid=656&tab=f

William

Thanks William. Will check the site out. I have found what I'm looking for. Now the long process of reinstalling everything.
    Kind Regards
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Franglen View Post
    Thanks William. Will check the site out. I have found what I'm looking for. Now the long process of reinstalling everything.
    Kind Regards
    Frank
    If you can lay your hands on a copy TS12 will run on the same hardware and give better performance with the same assets and the same viewing distances. TS2009, 2010 are the same but TS12 is the best performance wise.

Cheerio John

Thanks John,
    I have been trying to get hold of a copy of TRAINZ12 here in OZ but it seems no one sells the older versions any more. I like the graphics in 12 from what I've seen on YouTube videos. TRZ9 & 10 seem to be a waste of time to me. Same old engines and rolling stock with frozen wheels. From what I've seen they are just 2004 & 2006 combined. Auran want to charge top dollar for the same old products and then rely on the 3rd party contributors to improve the assets and upload the to the DLS and then have the hide to make us pay to download the free content these people including you and myself (albeit a small way for myself) over the years have worked so hard to contribute. I don't hear of you guys getting paid royalties.
    If I can get a copy of 12 apparently it's compatible with my 04 - 06 content and I can transfer my stuff over.
    Sorry for the whinging but I lost faith in Auran years ago.
    Kind regards John.
    Frank

United States of America, Illinois, Rockford
    Blog Entries

Amazon seems to sell the digital version of TS12 (at least the US domain does), so you might be able to look at that.
    Else you might have to buy a 2nd hand version, which of course you won't be able to register the serial number since it'll be used already, but that will help to get a copy of TS12.

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

The other thought would be use TANE which will run trs2004 /6 assets quite happily for the most part. There are some updates on the DLS.

a GT1030 which draws 30 watts will just about run TANE, a 1650 will draw 75 watts TDP https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php ideally you want a score of 10,000 but I've run it on Intel integrated graphics but I wouldn't really recommend the experience it is somewhat limited as to the assets you can run.

Cheerio John

Cool Older version TRS 2004

It is a wonder that the old TRS 2004 would work on a new Windows 10 supported computer.
    By memory the TRS 2004 was only a 4:3 format screen size product and did not have a Content Manager.

You can upgrade to Trainz Simulator 12 and the T:ANE product from Steam.

Added note:
    Most of the TRS 2004 assets are online and can be downloaded into a newer version of Trainz from the DLS download station.

davies_mike57
    Last edited by davies_mike57; October 25th, 2020 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Added Text

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by davies_mike57 View Post
    It is a wonder that the old TRS 2004 would work on a new Windows 10 supported computer.
    By memory the TRS 2004 was only a 4:3 format screen size product and did not have a Content Manager.

You can upgrade to Trainz Simulator 12 and the T:ANE product from Steam.
    It does work. You need to run as administrator and you can set the resolution in the trainzoptions.txt file manually. if you want to use native resolution. The alternative is to run it windowed which I did using the option to do that in the trainzoptions.txt as well.

Installing content is done painfully through the package manager. It's awkward from what I remember when I did it a few years ago.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641