Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trainz 2004 - 2006 Query

Yes guys. It does work. I installed it on Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit with no problems. I then installed TrainzObjesctz version 6.0 Build 544 by TafWeb. Then proceeded to copy over 3Gigabytes of Archives using TrainzObjects. It only took about 20 minutes maximum. The only problem I have is TO telling me that Paintshed is not initialised even though it appears to be installed and I have to create one piece of rolling stock and save it. Which I have done but keep getting the same warning. If I rmember correctly this was a fault with TO build 544. The item shows up on my layouts and so do all my other Paintshed Items.
    I am running it at 1024 x 768 Resolution Bit Depth 32.
    My machine is as follows:
    ASRock 970 Etreme3 CPU Socket Motherboard
    AMD Phenom II x4 965 CPU
    Radeon RX570 Graphics Card
    8Gig Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM
    !TB Western Drive SATA SSD HDD
    Windows Pro-64Bit System
    REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO.
    AND SHE FLIES GUYS!
    I have no problems with FSX and FPS games like CRYSIS, FEAR, GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER (ALL OF), CALL OF DUTY ETC ETC. The machine has no problems.
    I haven't turned into an axe murderer yet either. I play the Simulators and FPS games because I am a Chronic Pain sufferer. I had a Spinal crush injury years ago. The Neuro Surgeons, Government Chemists say it's a good thing because it takes my mind off the pain and I'm using less meds.
    So there you have it.
    Kind Regards
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Franglen View Post
    Yes guys. It does work. I installed it on Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit with no problems. I then installed TrainzObjesctz version 6.0 Build 544 by TafWeb. Then proceeded to copy over 3Gigabytes of Archives using TrainzObjects. It only took about 20 minutes maximum. The only problem I have is TO telling me that Paintshed is not initialised even though it appears to be installed and I have to create one piece of rolling stock and save it. Which I have done but keep getting the same warning. If I rmember correctly this was a fault with TO build 544. The item shows up on my layouts and so do all my other Paintshed Items.
    I am running it at 1024 x 768 Resolution Bit Depth 32.
    My machine is as follows:
    ASRock 970 Etreme3 CPU Socket Motherboard
    AMD Phenom II x4 965 CPU
    Radeon RX570 Graphics Card
    8Gig Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM
    !TB Western Drive SATA SSD HDD
    Windows Pro-64Bit System
    REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO.
    AND SHE FLIES GUYS!
    I have no problems with FSX and FPS games like CRYSIS, FEAR, GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER (ALL OF), CALL OF DUTY ETC ETC. The machine has no problems.
    I haven't turned into an axe murderer yet either. I play the Simulators and FPS games because I am a Chronic Pain sufferer. I had a Spinal crush injury years ago. The Neuro Surgeons, Government Chemists say it's a good thing because it takes my mind off the pain and I'm using less meds.
    So there you have it.
    Kind Regards
    Frank

I'd consider running TANE or TS19. Currently you're only using one of your cores when running TRS2004/6 and the graphics processing is taking place on the CPU for the most part. ie your GPU is idle. TANE / TS19 are fairly good for compatibility with older assets and there are a lot more assets available at TS12 and above.

Cheerio John

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

If you still want TS12, the copy I used I got through Steam and the current price is $9.95 USD. It is often on sale for 50% off. The big advantage of going through Steam is that it installs the most recent version available in one go. The retail version requires 8 updates to get it up to date. Since I have several serial numbers for the retail version I tried installing it too but after three hours update #5 failed and would not roll back so I could try again. I gave up and uninstalled it.

William