TRS19 closed up for no reason

MNIBARI08

Trainz veteran
has anyone had TRS19 closed up on multiple times for no reason especially when doing something or in drive mode or when its loading up?

Has its continuous problem especially in Trainz plus betas

Last edited:
1) Out-of-date assets.*
2) Bad content - corrupted mesh, script, bad texture.
3) Corrupted database

* There are some issues with some assets that have been updated causing a crash. Among them is the TRC crossing components. The crossing-controller should be a version 15 to work because version 16 causes crashes.

I recommend running a database repair.
Repair or replace faulty content.
Anything that's open for edit, except for New File assets, should be reverted to original - meaning actual content.
Update all assets that can be updated.
Delete the obsolete assets.

Check for the TRC controller and revert if necessary - Delete and download "This version" not right-click and down.

I haven't had a CTD in ages and recently ran TRS2019 for close to 12 hours before I shut it down with no problems. I keep my content up-to-date and error free.

With that said, you may need to go through the process of elimination. This is a long drawn out process requiring disabling third-party dependencies in small amounts, running a DBR, and then running the route that has problems. Eventually through this process, you'll come upon the problem asset among a small batch by narrowing down the assets to smaller numbers. Depending upon the amount of assets, this process can take many, many hours to complete but it does work quite well for solving the problem.

JCitron

thanks for replying so quickly, the closing down is so random and I did not expect it to be something simple but I will do what you ask and see what it becomes of it.

1) Out-of-date assets.*
2) Bad content - corrupted mesh, script, bad texture.
3) Corrupted database

* There are some issues with some assets that have been updated causing a crash. Among them is the TRC crossing components. The crossing-controller should be a version 15 to work because version 16 causes crashes.

I recommend running a database repair.
Repair or replace faulty content.
Anything that's open for edit, except for New File assets, should be reverted to original - meaning actual content.
Update all assets that can be updated.
Delete the obsolete assets.

Check for the TRC controller and revert if necessary - Delete and download "This version" not right-click and down.

I haven't had a CTD in ages and recently ran TRS2019 for close to 12 hours before I shut it down with no problems. I keep my content up-to-date and error free.

With that said, you may need to go through the process of elimination. This is a long drawn out process requiring disabling third-party dependencies in small amounts, running a DBR, and then running the route that has problems. Eventually through this process, you'll come upon the problem asset among a small batch by narrowing down the assets to smaller numbers. Depending upon the amount of assets, this process can take many, many hours to complete but it does work quite well for solving the problem.

Ahh that may explain the issue with Dearnby in non beta TRS19 load of script errors with the crossings that just happen to use the controller v16, people have been having crashes and or non working crossings. Thread here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?160989-Problems-with-Dearnby-route

Back