Download Helper not cooperating.

WaddleDee18

Well, it looks like I need help again:

After I started using the DLS everything was going fine. I took a break and then came back to get a better whistle for a locomotive. Upon turning it on, I got the message that Download Helper was offline. I logged in and tried again. Nothing. I checked my internet, it was good. I restarted my computer and it didn't help. The thing is though, the DLS KUID search was still working. If anybody could give advice on what to do, it would be a big help.
Thanks,

WaddleDee18

The Download Helper, the one on the Web based DLS, is I believe no longer supported by N3V. Everyone should now be using the Content Manager that is built into Trainz. What you can download will depend on which version of Trainz you are using.

Since you haven't yet registered your copy of Trainz then the version you are using does not appear in the header of your posts and this limits the advice we can give. Please register your copy as this will also give you access to the full DLS through Content Manager.

If it hasn't gone through then put in a message to the Help Desk (link at the top of this page).

According to Content Manager, <KUID:630173:100153> is a loco sound asset with a Trainz build number of 3.5 which is suitable for TS12 and later versions of Trainz (the Trainz build numbers are a strange numbering system - details can be found at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/"Trainz-build"_number).

Where you attempting to download from the DLS web site Download Station at https://www.auran.com/DLS/ which is not being supported any more or through the Content Manager program in TS12? It has been quite a few years since I used TS12.

I was always under the impression that if you were not a registered user then you could not download from the DLS. So fixing that problem may resolve the matter.

Another possibility is that you do not have an FCT (First Class Ticket - only available to registered users) so that limits the number and speed of your downloads.

Well it says that Content Manager itself is offline, even though I can search for KUID's that are on the DLS. So I think that means I'm still using the internet. when I go in, I get the red message to log in to my Trainz account. I log in and click save, then the message goes away but I still can't download from the DLS. I have 60 something megabytes left for today. (Sorry if I regurgitated info there, that's what happens.)

This sometimes happens. Access the Help Desk for assistance.

Is it registered to you or to someone else (e.g. you got it second hand)?

My copy was a digital download from Amazon. As far as I could tell, the copy was original. The copy looks like it's registered to me but I don't know if that's actually true.

Ok,
So I used the FTP download like the support recommends, and that seems to work. When I can figure out why content manager is acting weird I'll switch back to that I'm gonna tell them about it and how Trainz isn't registering right.

Back