Is the DLS safe?

WaddleDee18

Hi,
I pretty recently started using Trainz on the PC, which also introduced me to the wonderful variety of downloadable content from all around the internet. This of course comes with the threat of viruses. I thought it would be a good idea to ask people who have played Trainz for much longer than I have for advice on the DLS. I don't think the DLS itself has viruses, but maybe I should look out for the websites that supply the dependencies.
Thank you,
WaddleDee18

Hi,
I pretty recently started using Trainz on the PC, which also introduced me to the wonderful variety of downloadable content from all around the internet. This of course comes with the threat of viruses. I thought it would be a good idea to ask people who have played Trainz for much longer than I have for advice on the DLS. I don't think the DLS itself has viruses, but maybe I should look out for the websites that supply the dependencies.
Thank you,
WaddleDee18

Please register your game.

The .cdp files are not executable, they are data files and as such pose no risk unless the game engine itself has been compromised which if you have purchased it direct from N3V is extremely unlikely.

Cheerio John

Very safe - but addictive - once you start downloading you will never stop until your hard drive is full and then you go out and by another bigger one - until it is full etc. etc.!

Very safe - but addictive - once you start downloading you will never stop until your hard drive is full and then you go out and by another bigger one - until it is full etc. etc.!

Don't forget about up grading you PC every second hard drive or so !

Back