Problems with Dearnby route

Update....

Remove <kuid2:61392:4053:22> Named Objects Library (TANE SP4 and later) which is a dependency of the TRC trigger and using the last builtin version 18 stops the pauses, leastwise not seen any in 40 minutes of running the session, there does appear to be problems with some crossings where the traffic gets stuck but gates are working.
Other versions? 19 doesn't seem to exist, 21 makes things worse in that gates remain shut to trains as do 20 and 21 and pauses are back.

Still investigating.

Clam1952,
I just deleted the :22 version of Named Objects Library in CM, thinking that I would just download the :18 version, like I've done in the past for other obsolete files that worked better.

The :18 version was greyed out and I wasn't able to download that version. I was only able to download the :22 version. Is there another way of doing this? Perhaps opening it for edit, and then changing the :22 to :18? I'm just a bit confused. In the past I've been able to go back to a previous version of something, but this one doesn't seem to want to let me.

Heinrich505

It shows built in but obsolete. I don’t seem to be able to go back and re-download :18.

If you just delete anything newer it should work, supposed to show builtin newer version available, only that doesn't appear to always work properly in TRS19, neither is listing faulty assets.

Crossing issue appears that in some cases they are too close to a junction and switching it opens the gate for traffic and one seems to have been set up wrong with traffic coming up from underground! Gates open and close but traffic just sits there in one direction but moves in the other one. Don't get these problems with ATLS......

The stack dump is still there by the way just not being marked as an error.

Malc, I can confirm that lockups are gone after running with V18 for 80 minutes. Still thousands of DMT errors but definite progress! I will write to Pierre Guy to ask if he can see why V22 gives the lockups.

Peter

Clam1952,
This is partially what I see in my CM. I didn't include the lesser versions. Also, 11, 13, 17, and 19 versions show as unknown asset.

Built-in, Obsolete <kuid2:61392:4053:18> Named Objects Library (TANE SP2 and later)
Built-in, Obsolete <kuid2:61392:4053:16> Named Objects Library (TANE SP2 and later)
Built-in, Obsolete <kuid2:61392:4053:12> Named Objects Library (SP2 and later)
Built-in, Newer version available <kuid2:61392:4053:21> Named Objects Library (TANE SP4 and later)
Available for download, Obsolete <kuid2:61392:4053:20> Named Objects Library (TANE SP2 and later)
Available for download, Obsolete <kuid2:61392:4053:14> Named Objects Library (TANE SP2 and later)
Available for download, Obsolete <kuid2:61392:4053:15> Named Objects Library (TANE SP2 and later)
Available for download, Obsolete <kuid2:61392:4053:10> Named Objects Library (SP2 and later)
Available for download <kuid2:61392:4053:22> Named Objects Library (TANE SP4 and later)
Available for download, Obsolete <kuid2:61392:4053:9> Named Objects Library (SP2 and later)

I right clicked on 22 and deleted it. It now shows Available for download. Having done that, 21 showed up as built-in, Newer version available.

If I right click on 21, delete is greyed out. I cannot delete it that way. If I click on 18, download is greyed out. I cannot download it. It shows as built-in, but obsolete. Version 21 is keeping the lower versions obsolete but I cannot find a way to delete my way down to 18. Any suggestions?

I just ran Dearnby, and by clicking on the red error bug and deleting the Session Log that kept popping up, I was actually able to run the session for about 45 minutes, but then the session pretty much locked up and left me at the station, trying to click the red bug but not getting anywhere. I was finally able to end session, in the moments when the session unpaused for seconds, and exit the session that way.

Heinrich505

Version 21 is keeping the lower versions obsolete but I cannot find a way to delete my way down to 18. Any suggestions?

Delete file "kuid2 61392 4053 21.tzarc" and run a DBR: the game will then use version 18 (works in 106618).

HPL,
That's the twist. When I right click on :21, delete is greyed out. I can't delete it, unless there is some other way around.

Heinrich505

If you have version 18 could upversion it to 22, as in open for edit change to 22, then don't commit but import folder import folder from the editing folder should install then, just going to test.......... Yes that works just done it here.

Builtin code assets are not locked so editing works.

Yikes, a little too quick for my limited technosaur abilities.

Go into version 18, change the kuid in config to 22, save, and then exit but don't submit edits. Leave the file open.

Ouch, you lost me after that. Export the folder while open, and then import from the main screen?

No

1: Open for edit and change the version to 22 save the config.
2: In Content Manager, > File > click Import Content folder.
3. Browse to your editing folder (the path is in the launcher settings for your local data folder, the editing folder is in that folder, suggest find that first) see *** below
4. Select the folder for the edited asset ( should only be that one there)
5. Click open or save or OK
6. The asset will be Installed.

*** Unless you moved it somewhere else the default path for user data is similar to this C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\buildyyyy\editing where xxxx is your windows login name and yyyy is an incomprehensible jumble of numbers and letters.

Or look in launcher settings Install Local Data folder.

Clam1952,
I think I managed to handle the process correctly. :22 now showed in CM as modified.

However, I started seeing the pauses kick in around 30 minutes. The first test I was diligently clicking on the little red bug and deleting the Session Logs as they came up. That only got me to around the 28 minute mark and then the pauses kicked in. The next test, I simply ignored the little red bug on the HUD and watched the train action. This got me to the 30 minute mark before the pauses started kicking in.

Conclusion is that it's not having any effect with my version. Ugh!

Thanks for the suggestion and assistance though. It was definitely worth a try. Perhaps PGuy might have a fix for this. I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Heinrich505

HPL,
That's the twist. When I right click on :21, delete is greyed out. I can't delete it, unless there is some other way around.

Heinrich505

As I wrote above: delete file "kuid2 61392 4053 21.tzarc" (i.e. this file on your HDD/SSD, not the asset in CM) and run a DBR.

I've had a message from Pierre Guy. He's very busy at present so can't look at the problem until next week, but he does say
- V22 of Named Objects Lib fixes a bug preventing some portal objects, station onbjects and TRC objects from being detected.
- the TRC library has many problems in TRS19 that it did not have in TANE.
- he suggests replacing the crossings with standard ones, even though these are less prototypical.

Malc hinted at ATLS crossings. Unless anyone knows of work in progress to fix TRC, perhaps somebody (!) might look at changing them to ATLS? Maybe I'll have a go if nobody more knowledgeable volumteers... (Do we know whether the ATLS system is likely to have the same problems as TRC? - I've asked Pierre, but don't know whether he will know.)

Peter

Last edited:
Back