Reskinning Tips/Tricks

dej

DL Engineer
Hello everyone I'm just curious if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to blank out an asset(mostly locomotives) that do not have a map1_bump. I used to be able to get blanks using that method but things have changed and I want to get back into reskinning but I'm having trouble getting blanks to start with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

So I reskinned this RS32 and all comes up correct in the mesh viewer like this
y2MqTdV.png

But once it's committed and I view it in the game I get this
I1rMlHz.png

What did I do incorrectly to cause this?

A total newbie with a reskinning problem. Followed tutorial to reskin a stockcar in TR12 -- just changing heralds and car number. Cloned car following instructions; went to Computer, etc. & found relevant *.tga file in Userdata/editing and edited textures, reformatted to .tga with same file names as originals, saved and recommitted.
In Railyard after the recommit, the car end information is totally missing: old is gone; new not there.

Further troubleshooting shows that mesh file for the carbody does not support the edited .tga file containing herald and car number. Only 256 colour, 24 & 32 bit files supported. Will explore editor output further

Ideas on where to find more detailed instructions, or what I've done wrong would be welcome.

Last edited:
Back