Any Glimpse Of The Future?

i havent bought a trainz game in over 5 years, and i can tell you that i would take TANE standards over anything. The graphics might not be the best, there might be some bugs, but i really like that game, i know people who are switching from 19 to TANE to give you an idea.

And many are switching from TANE and TS12 to TRS19, each to their own doesn't mean or prove a lot, there are certain Trainzers who always say the last version was the best, as in TS12 is better than TANE then when TRS19 comes along suddenly it's TANE that was the best, lacks any real credibility. ;o)

You cannot say A is better than B if you have never had B. Trainz isn't a simple game it's a very complicated and complex program which is continually evolving and may require users to adapt to changes, I'm not entirely happy with some of the TRS19 features or changes however I have adapted and can live with it. A new user wouldn't know any different. On the whole I prefer TRS19 to TANE now TRS19 is maturing.

According to N3V's life cycle TANE is now out of support as from Sept 2020, not sure what that means now as TS12 stuff is still being churned out by some creators. Clarification need from N3V or that list wants amending.
The compatibility issues are never going to go away as long as "new" old stuff is being uploaded.

I've been on the fence about 19. There are different versions at different prices with different features. Which is the best version to buy? Would the North American version be enough if I don't want the UK, Australian, etc. content?

Based on my observations on the forum and personal route and session building, I would go with some version of TRS19. The developers that I admire most are all working in 19. Reason enough for me.

I still use TS2012 to build TMR format layouts because it suits my old fashioned approach to modelling model railways of an earlier era. However I am starting to use TS2019 to build conventional Trainz routes. There are several things I find annoying about TS2019, but on balance I'm finding it useful and an improvement and I'm learning how best to use it to build the kind of routes that interest me. I prefer the classic 'tinware' version of TS2019 without all the bells and whistle and 'magic' bits, but that's just me and the way I like to work and build things.
Something that seriously needs to be fixed though is the Trainz AI system. Its crazy desire to shift to the right at every facing crossover, run through sidings rather than stay on the mainline and use backing up as an option to avoid adverse signals were downright annoying in earlier versions and they still remain annoying in TS2019.

And the other thing is we seem to be up to version 4.7 now and it seriously needs to be called something else and not lumped in with TS2019 4.6. TANE being 'updated' to SP4 and thereby being made incompatible with earlier versions and still being called TANE is a perfect case in point. I haven't bothered to 'update' to SP4 since at heart it's TS2019 with a different hat on and I've already got a copy of that.

They should first repair all what they broke, then add multilight environment, tune-up shaders and improve sound processing.

Back