Unknown assets

How do You want to delete "nothing"? You may delete reference to such unknown kuid in the route only (but scenery items mostly)

Yes, you have to delete them from the KUID list in config.txt of the asset they are missing from. If you can at least identify them, you can avoid missing something important. If a route, you can edit the route in Surveyor and look for orange wireframe boxes.

Yes, you have to delete them from the KUID list in config.txt of the asset they are missing from. If you can at least identify them, you can avoid missing something important. If a route, you can edit the route in Surveyor and look for orange wireframe boxes.

This doesn't work!

The references within the route's config.txt file are for string-lookups when searching for assets. Deleting the reference in the string-table, and kuid-table too, only removes the reference temporarily. Once a database repair is done, or the route is merged into another one, the old missing assets reappear.

There are two ways to remove missing assets.

1) Find the actual asset by using the Internet and www.Trainzkuidindex.com
2) Run delete-missing-assets utility in Surveyor.

I stand corrected. Sorry John, I am still learning! Also still learning I can't just put substitutes in the Config.txt file. That doesn't work either!

Hi all,,,,,,, does anyone know how to delete unknown assets in content manager please?.
Len

Unknown may mean it's on the faulty asset repair list, Download this version sometimes works, there may or may not be something wrong that makes it unusable and you can also actually right click and delete on some and they go off the list.

Back