Forum webpages flickering

KotangaGirl

Pre-Grouping Railways Nut
I thought this was just the problem with the Chrome browser flickering after a Windows update, but after doing all the fixes the only webpage that was still flickering were the Trainz forum pages. The forum pages are flickering in Edge as well. I haven't tried any other browsers yet to see if they have the same problem.

Last edited:
I don't seem to have that issue and I'm running Edge (Chromium version) and also had that update this morning.

Have you tried clearing cookies and stuff?

It's flashing in a new install of Firefox as well John. I'll try clearing cookies since it's worth a go after all the other things I tried this morning. My video driver is up to date so i know it's not that.

OK in Edge Chromium and Firefox here. Just this forum or others as well?

Careful with rolling back the video driver there's been a couple of iffy ones lately, last time I checked last week there was a hot fix, I haven't bothered as there doesn't seem to be any problems, just had a look latest Nvidia is 456.71 so looks like its superseded the hotfix.

Last edited:
OK in Edge Chromium and Firefox here. Just this forum or others as well?

Careful with rolling back the video driver there's been a couple of iffy ones lately, last time I checked last week there was a hot fix, I haven't bothered as there doesn't seem to be any problems, just had a look latest Nvidia is 456.71 so looks like its superseded the hotfix.

It was not my intention to present a comprehensive review of Nvidia driver versions. My point was that having the latest version, which the OP stated, is no guarantee that the driver is not the problem.

Try rolling back one version on the video driver. You never know.....

It did it on the previous one as well that's why I tried updating the video driver. So far I have turned off hardware acceleration and smooth scrolling in Chrome. I have turned off the Xbox call home thingy in Win 10 since for some reason Win 10 identifies Chrome as a game, - and I also now have a plain one colour desktop image. I even did a new install of Chrome. All of these were actions that were supposed to be a cure.
Some did help in that in that most webpages are now flicker free, but on this one the forum pages shake like there's an earthquake. (I'm using my nice handy little Dell notebook to type this by the way)

All had been fine until suddenly when I booted up my desktop yesterday evening and discovered Chrome had the shakes.

Is it affecting anything else like Trainz?

Probably unlikely and a long shot but have you got Geforce Experience installed as that has been known to apparently cause flickering in browsers if recording is turned on, may have sneaked in on a driver update. Thinking if MS's gamebar thinks the browser is a game maybe Nvidia Experience is doing something similar?

May of course be related to the Windows update in some way.

Yes I have got Geforce Experience installed Malc. I'll give uninstalling it a try and see if that makes a difference.

Well I use Chrome and have GeForce Experience installed, and no shakes. One of those mysteries that can be really annoying!

Something I did do that made a difference was changing Microsoft's generic 'plug and pray' monitor driver for the correct NEC driver for my NEC professional grade monitor. I'm still getting the occasional small flicker, but not the earthquake like shaking I was getting before.

I did a video driver (NVidea) with GForce Experience included about a week ago. No problems using the forum in both Edge (Chrome) and Firefox.

Windows system update has just completed. No problems using this forum.

Back