Installing Classic Cabon City into TRS2019

marinemania

Hey :wave: it been some time Since I last used trainz. My TS12 installation Disk has some issues with installing .Net 3.5.
I am running a new installation of Windows 10. I was previously using Trainz 10 on a Windows Vista Hard Drive. Compatibilty issues with vista and Mother Board keep me from use running it directly so I was running it from a separate disk. Until I started having Kernel_Security_Check_Failure errors. Trying to use my new installation is proving difficult.

I've tried several methods online to active .net with little luck:(. So I'm looking at getting a copy of TRS2019

I've always wanted to buy Classic Cabon City since it was announced 13 Years ago.
I wanted to find out if anyone has managed to find a way to install Classic Cabon City into TRS2019. I'm planning a merge Route with Modula City and wanted to know if anyone has had any success.

I used to remember how to move the Marias Pass from the stand alone Trainz Driver Edition to the Full version of TRS2006 back in the day. Something about getting into the libraries and moving from the program files. Is this possible.
Any information would be great thanks I'm looking forward to coming back.
Bryan

Unless you already have Cabon City installed, there's no way of installing the assets into TRS2019.

Your TS12 installation issues maybe related to administrator rights. This install being an older application requires that it be installed and run as administrator. If you can do that, you can install the Cabon City and then export the assets.

With the assets exported and imported into TRS2019, you'll need to run PEV's Images2TGA to repair the .texture errors.

As John said, you used to be able to move the *.ja files and do a database rebuild but TANE and TRS19 won't use *.ja files so that is a dead end.

The only option is to try to export from TS12 each asset as a .cdp file and import them into TRS19. This means fixing all the errors along the way.

William

Back