File access error STILL?

mytyco

Hi All,

This is a new install of this game. I am wonder if anyone has found an actual solution to this "File access error" problem?
This problem started right off the bat on my first CDP install.
I have thousands of items to install, but I won't waste my time on this game if I have to submit edit, submit edit, submit edit
for each item to get it to work.

I have read other threads and have found nothing that works.

I have turned off the antivirus software, no joy.
I have given Admin rights, no joy.
I have run database repair, no joy.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Mytyco

Have you tried an extended data base repair? Hold down the ctrl key when you click on rebuild database.

Hi All,

This is a new install of this game. I am wonder if anyone has found an actual solution to this "File access error" problem?
This problem started right off the bat on my first CDP install.
I have thousands of items to install, but I won't waste my time on this game if I have to submit edit, submit edit, submit edit
for each item to get it to work.

I have read other threads and have found nothing that works.

I have turned off the antivirus software, no joy.
I have given Admin rights, no joy.
I have run database repair, no joy.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Mytyco
In your situation the first thing I would do is to raise a help desk ticket, perhaps it is related to permissions which is something only N3V can fix. Don't despair, TRS19 is awesome.
Things that will help us help you...
The TRS19 build number, located on the launcher
Copy/paste the error so we know what we are dealing with
How are you trying to install the .cdp files? I just drag and drop multiple cdp's onto Content Manager, afterwards checking 'open for edit' and REVERT to original all open assets. Quite often obsoletes will occur and MUST be deleted to avoid causing more faulty assets.
I certainly don't need to submit edits after installing cdp's. An asset will usually only be 'open for edit' after install if an asset of the same kuid already exists, in which case just revert to original fixes that. Assets of a lower version of the kuid installed will show 'obsolete' and should then be deleted.
After making many additions to the database it is a good practice to do a DBR.
With more info we can narrow down the problem.
cheers
Graeme

Hi,

Alikiwi: Thank you for the EDR idea, I tried that and it is better but still happens way more than it should.

Grazlash: I think I did not explain things right in my first post. Installing the CDPs works fine, I use file - import content files in Content Manager, I have never been able to drag and drop a CDP on to Content manager and have it install.
I get the circle with a slash when I try that, even in Tane. The problem pops up when I edit and object and want to commit the edit. This happens from the smallest changes like a simple color change to a full blown object make over.
It does not happen everytime, but it happens the vast majority of the time.

All of the items that I will be installing will be getting updates so thats a lot of commiting that I hope will go smoothly.

I will try to get the error for you and post it as soon as I can.

Trainz 19 build #105096

I have not given up on the game, I can't wait to get all of my objects in the game and updated so that I can start working on the lighting, but thats a topic for another time.

Thanks

Mytyco

I get the circle with a slash when I try that, even in Tane.

This is a file permissions issue. Run the program under the same account that it was installed in usually fixes this issue.

Hi JCitron,

I am not sure what account you are referring to.
Do you mean windows account? If so, This pc
only has one account.

Thanks

Mytyco

Hi Mytyco
It sounds like something is blocking Trainz from working correctly. In this case please try the following.

Go into Window Explorer (or My Computer), and navigate to the Trainz folder, and right click on the 'TRS19.exe' file, and click on 'properties', and then click on the tab called 'Compatibility'. Now set the Privilege Level to "Run this program as an administrator", then click on 'apply', then on 'Ok'.

Please also ensure that you have given Trainz full access in your firewall and anti-virus. Please try adding the 'TRS19.exe' file as an exception in your firewall and anti-virus.

Hi JCitron,

I am not sure what account you are referring to.
Do you mean windows account? If so, This pc
only has one account.

Thanks

Mytyco

Then something changed that caused this.

You might want to check this out. There's mention of Windows 8 and Windows 7, but that doesn't matter. It could be something as simple as a corrupted profile. Microsoft provides diagnostic tools and a fix-it tool for that stuff in the links on the article.

Directly from Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...rors-when-you-access-or-work-with-files-and-f

Hi All,

Thank you for the replies.

I have now added T19 to my firewall and anitvirus.
I will give this a try for a while and see what happens.

Thank you

Mytyco

Back