Delete Builtin Splines?

boleyd

Route is: C&O Hinton (builtin but modifiable)
Spline is: d trava2 spl leto

There are hundreds of these splines on this route. I want to delete them
and use TurFX instead. But they are locked and can't be deleted, disabled or replaced.

Is this condition so absolute that this route is forever plagued with old
cycle consuming splines? :confused:

You can clone the route in TRS2019-xxxx and go on a manual deleting fest. Unfortunately we can't do a bulk-delete of splines which would really, really be useful.

Some options for you:

Check layers and unlock the layer that the spline are on, then you can manually edit things.

Create your clone (and save)
Disable d trava2 spl leto in CM.
Restart Trainz
Edit your cloned route
Delete missing assets.
Resave.
All those splines are gone from your new route.

Prior to doing that, you can also use the bulk replace tool to place a texture under that spline, then apply your turffx layer to that texture.

Does TRS2019 still have the function to copy and replace assets in surveyor like TS12. If it does maybe that would help.

Bryan

Last edited:
Does TRS2019 still have the function to copy and replace assets in surveyor like TS12. If it does maybe that would help.

Bryan

Bulk asset replacement does this with some additional features in Plus such as textures under splines which is great for ballasting under track, and also for applying Turf-Fx grass.

Copy and paste still works the same as before and is based on the 4-squares rather than in between compass settings.

Disabled the spline. Then they showed the dashed railroad track.
With nothing to loose I did a Delete Missing Asset and the missing spline indicators disappeared.
Thanks Tony. Put me "on track".
Also Refresh Rate a solid 30fps even when spinning/rotating the scene at Hinton yards.

The route was loaded with splines. Individually, or in small groups, they seemed to have no FPS impact. However, in a concentration, it was noticeable and now gone.

Painting TurFx along a very large route seems beyond boring. Need the Under Spline placement extended to under texture.

Disabled the spline. Then they showed the dashed railroad track.
With nothing to loose I did a Delete Missing Asset and the missing spline indicators disappeared.
Thanks Tony. Put me "on track".
Also Refresh Rate a solid 30fps even when spinning/rotating the scene at Hinton yards.

The route was loaded with splines. Individually, or in small groups, they seemed to have no FPS impact. However, in a concentration, it was noticeable and now gone.

Painting TurFx along a very large route seems beyond boring. Need the Under Spline placement extended to under texture.
Wish Granted
Drag the texture you want turf on to the 'to be replaced' box and drag the turf effect you wish to paint from the turf/ground selection area to the 'replace with' box and apply.
HINT** Try using only one turf layer for big routes or the whole route will become a slideshow.
cheers
Graeme

Back