How to abuse Trainz

Did your video card melt?

Those UTM tiles really add to the graphics load!

When I first saw this, I thought it was the old MS Flight Sim.

Interesting flyover, is that a session on the route? I downloaded the route but have not tried it yet. I am curious about the sort of "creeping shadow affect at the bottom of the screen. Any idea what causes that?

Interesting flyover, is that a session on the route? I downloaded the route but have not tried it yet. I am curious about the sort of "creeping shadow affect at the bottom of the screen. Any idea what causes that?

The creeping shadow effect occures when Trainz is loading details for the terrain segment (720m*720m).
This happens on any map in Tane, it is just more obvious because the plane is traveling
very fast at high altitude.

This video was recorded with an earlier version of Tane, since SP3 there is no
draw distance of 15.000m possible any more.

Welcome to Jamaica, no problem! Here is your flight ticket. ;-)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12DD-nWbT6wQQt5BsbvjoVfmOTYBf6FNz?usp=sharing

Get on the train me brother ;-)
1104-3f9f75a3-large.jpg

Last edited:
If you are referring to the crash over 100 kph, this isn't N3V's fault. This is a driver issue caused by the Open/AL specifications being incorrect. N3V actually followed the specs only to be burned by it. There is a workaround, but I can't remember what it is.

If you are referring to the crash over 100 kph, this isn't N3V's fault. This is a driver issue caused by the Open/AL specifications being incorrect. N3V actually followed the specs only to be burned by it. There is a workaround, but I can't remember what it is.

[FONT=&quot]No crash problem, the draw distance after SP1 did get reduced in the center of the frame.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]No crash problem, the draw distance after SP1 did get reduced in the center of the frame.
Do you have a workaround for this?
[/FONT]

you wanna know how to destroy trainz, run 19 on the worst PC you can find and put 100 JR PBR locos on the track

Ah. So there is no actual train on this route, and no actual scenery but from high elevation. Not sure I want to keep the 1+GB for that, I think I am over a terabyte as it is...

Ah. So there is no actual train on this route, and no actual scenery but from high elevation. Not sure I want to keep the 1+GB for that, I think I am over a terabyte as it is...

This map was a just a test how Trainz and Transdem can handle large maps.
The size is >2 GB.

# Trainz Baseboards East-West = 728
# Trainz Baseboards North-South = 640
# Trainz Baseboards total = 465920
# actually created Trainz Baseboards after filtering = 36128

Actual Elevation Range Minimum = -17 m
Actual Elevation Range Maximum = 2239 m

No crash problem, the draw distance after SP1 did get reduced in the center of the frame.
Do you have a workaround for this?

I've never seen that so I don't know of any workaround. I'm running TRS2019 now so it maybe only a T:ANE issue.

you wanna know how to destroy trainz, run 19 on the worst PC you can find and put 100 JR PBR locos on the track

Yup! Fill a freight yard too with lots of boxcars and the engine tracks with locomotives. On my old PC, the fans would spin at max speed when I got to those places while the framerates dropped to slideshow.

Back