Picking up cars dropped by AI train coming from portal

jeff1959

What I am trying to do is have the AI train come from the portal, enter the siding, drop off three cars. Then I want to direct the human driver to go to the siding and couple onto the cars and take them back to the yard. The AI train follows its orders. The nav points direct the driver to the siding. However I cannot issue a couple command because the rule won't accept a car not already on the route. I don't know if what I want to do is even possible.

Maybe you can place a trackmark at the rear of the siding. Then tell the switcher to 'Couple Facing Trackmark'. Don't need to specify wagon then.
Cheers,
Mike

jeff1959 - Here's something that matches that description that can be downloaded from the DLS:
<kuid:131986:1002> CoupleToVFacingTrackmark

Here's the description:
Driver command. It basically couples the train to the first available vehicle facing a specified trackmark lying on a track between two junctions. If no vehicle exists between the trackmark and the junction facing the trackmark or the track ends without a vehicle and junction, the schedule will stop at this command. Note that the trackmark direction determines the search path to the first available vehicle on the track.

Haven't tried this Trainz (Build 2.5) TRS2006 driver command (yet) but it looks promising...
Edit Update: Tested in TRS19 - Works well if you apply the KISS principle. Was able to set up a session where a loco drops off a string of freight wagons at a yard and then drives off to get another consist . A waiting AI loco drives down from the loco turntable area, couples up to the nearest wagon ('vehicle' facing the trackmark) and then sets off upon its schedule to deliver the goods to an industry many scale miles away.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. Sometimes searching the DLS is not always successful. I searched under rules with limited success. I read something that said that there are many many rules. I could only find about 100 under the rules category. What am I missing?

Back