Looking for cotton bale loading / unloading track

JimDep

Anyone know of an interactive track for loading / unloading cotton bales ?
I guess that goes for the rolling stock cotton commodity too.
Thanks

Hi,
Look for "Min" - multiple industrie new as a section of track.
Use right click ( in surveyor) and add cotton bales to the list of commodities - as well as a quantity and spawn rate.

Choose a cargo asset (rolling stock) in surveyor ( you'll need to place 1 on some track first!), then right click on it and add cotton bales to its carrying capacity.

Your real problem is if there's no "cotton bale" as a commodity...

Cheers,
Colin

There are 3 Cotton Bale commodities built-in on my TRS-19:
Cotton Bale [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid2:439337:100733:1>
[/FONT]Cotton Bales Plain Stacked on Pallet [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid2:439337:100746:2>
Cotton Bales Wrapped in Burlap and Stacked on Pallet [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid2:439337:100751:2>

I didn't have any boxcars that had this listed; they need to be configured to load them. Any boxcar that has pallets of stuff should be able to load the pallet versions. After a boxcar is placed on route and configured, then the industry can use that car as the example in the Product screen after placed in Queue.
[/FONT][/FONT]

Great, thanks for the info. Since I have T:ANE SP3, I haven't seen cotton bales or pallets as a commodity for boxcars...or industries, so are there instructions somewhere on how to configure a boxcar to load them ? I should mention that my route is based in the late 1800's , so I'm very limited to small box cars , flatbeds and gondolas.

Last edited:
Hi Jimmy --

See my reply in this thread.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?160867-Loading-commodities

But for T:ANE see this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjE0oOmXa7k&t

If you do want to edit the config.txt file of the boxcars or flat cars, just use another freight car as a template.

Phil

I watched your video for T:ANE.... I got derailed pretty fast ...as in confused. I'm curious how you were able to switch from Driver to Surveyor without having to close Drive first. It was late when I watched it so maybe I missed something.
Thanks

Stop the train.

Right side. You should see the Trains flyout -- it looks like a locomotive driving wheel. I've seen comments "Hey, it's not visible." This might be because it's covered by the HUD showing Speed, Limit, Time, ... . I can't remember if that HUD can be repositioned or hidden. Alternatively, if you increase the resolution that you are using (say up to 1080) it should become visible.

OK. At 0:30 in the video you mouse click on the Trains flyout. A new screen appears that allows you to configure the loads carried by freight cars.

Phil

Great ! I'll bet the HUD is blocking. I'm heading over to the railyard now to go check it out. Be back later .....thanks !

Stop the train.

Right side. You should see the Trains flyout -- it looks like a locomotive driving wheel. I've seen comments "Hey, it's not visible." This might be because it's covered by the HUD showing Speed, Limit, Time, ... . I can't remember if that HUD can be repositioned or hidden. Alternatively, if you increase the resolution that you are using (say up to 1080) it should become visible.

OK. At 0:30 in the video you mouse click on the Trains flyout. A new screen appears that allows you to configure the loads carried by freight cars.

Phil
Ok....just made it back. After checking out the train yesterday, the engine foreman grabbed me and made me fire a coal train to Buffalo.
Anyway, I did finally find the Trainz flyout wheel. It was hard to find. It was 90% hidden by the HUD........When pressing the F5 button to take away the HUD, the flyout wheel disappeared along with it...so I didn't see it or evem know it was there. I played with the screen resolution, which is already on the highest level and no flyout wheel. Just before closing the Quick Drive in defeat, I noticed a little sliver of a tab protruding at the bottom of the HUD. I always thought it was part of the HUD............but NO ! I clicked it and there was the flyout . So thanks Phil for the excellent video and taking your time to help me with this.

Back